IIT/School of PE/ASCE/ppi

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem I'm seeing in water right now is that we seem to be doing some FE style problems and not many PE style. Or problems that have zero chance of being on the AM section. Hopefully day 2 is better because this was one of my weaker subjects on the PE.

The problem I'm seeing in water right now is that we seem to be doing some FE style problems and not many PE style. Or problems that have zero chance of being on the AM section. Hopefully day 2 is better because this was one of my weaker subjects on the PE.
I agree, did you do the water resources for the pm??? BTW i recommend you get the goswami book and goswami came out with some problems to work on.

Not as good as I thought it would be atleast the water resources part. Spent too much time on pumps when in reality there is at most one question.

I'm doing transportation. Day 2 was better than day 1 but I think we needed to spend some more time on Hydrology.

I agree with you both about the water resources class. I also thought that it was slghtly misleading when the instructor would say "this is representative of an AM problem" and he would be referring to a one or two line simple calculation problem that required almost no thought. He'd also do the same thing "this is a PM problem" when in my experience (having taken the exam before) the question he was referring to was probably something we could expect as a breadth problem.

All that being said, the class definitely forces me to study....and concentrate. I spend all week reading the notes and CERM (and Goswami) and doing practice problems, and then all weekend in front of the computer. I am putting in a lot of hours that I would never have done on my own.

What you guys think of the structural lecture?? I think he spends too much time on theory.

I didn't think his practice problems were representative on what you may see on the morning PE. He didn't spend enough time on moment and shear diagrams and it was really confusing at times when he would doodle on the screen and you had numbers all over the place. In terms of ranking week 1-3, I would say week 3 was the worst so far. His notes were good and since I failed once I kind of know whats going to be on the AM for structural but I bet the people that have never taken it are freaking out right now thinking steel design will be on there. He made it a lot harder than it actually is.

On the other hand, I'm excited we have a 2 week break. Really need my weekend back.

I didn't think his practice problems were representative on what you may see on the morning PE. He didn't spend enough time on moment and shear diagrams and it was really confusing at times when he would doodle on the screen and you had numbers all over the place. In terms of ranking week 1-3, I would say week 3 was the worst so far. His notes were good and since I failed once I kind of know whats going to be on the AM for structural but I bet the people that have never taken it are freaking out right now thinking steel design will be on there. He made it a lot harder than it actually is.

On the other hand, I'm excited we have a 2 week break. Really need my weekend back.
Agree on the bolded, I will take the time the next two weeks to go over the notes. Work out sample problems. i wish all the notes were done like the construction notes, those notes are outstanding.

I thought the geotech was excellent this weekend.
I agree as well, very well presented and at the right pace. Construction and Geotech notes are by far the best notes out of the set. I have not seen the trasnportation yet. Can not wait to this week to do the Water Resources and Environmental depth classes.

Just wanted to update this thread. I passed the PE and greatly attribute this to School of PE. The bonus PM transportation class was good because he talked about a few problems that just happened to be on the test that I know I never would have figured out on my own. Also, the construction notes were money for the AM. I highly recommend this course. Just wondering if they are going to send us surveys now to find out if we passed.

I would also like to update this thread, and say that I passed. I am sure the school of pe did help out as well.

Looks like Lady_J passed too. Well as you can see, school of pe produces good results with studying of course.

Back