If the IRS can do it why can't NCEES?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just blowing off steam myself. I understand the process and why it is important to take the necessary time to grade the exam. It helps to vent here though so I don't go crazy waiting around and reading everyone's anticipated date to receive the results.

Stoicism in the face of torturous suspense shows an inner strength. Complaining in response to torturous suspense shows an inner weakness. Be strong, and you will earn the admiration of others. :bananapowerslide:

Isn't the President Obama always mention changed? Why NCEEs can not change to fast mode???

IRS or the immigrant status post online to tell you the status...(but that is immediate affect their election)...So they can be faster...

SAT score is faster because children can use that score to apply for college and get educated...(They will get knowedge later on so they will thanks to those who help them....

PE or FE test is so slow is because that the people who taking the test already have their own knowledge that they know which canadate they are going to vote for.....

The conclusion is that we should vote for the opposite party next time... If state governor is republican that we should vote for another party later on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Party has nothing to do with it, and lets keep it that way. As soon as the government gets involved .......... well GM and Chrysler come to mind. LOL

I apologize if the following seems harsh, as it's not my intention but I feel some of this *might* be helpful...

Here's another couple of things to consider concerning the speediness of the results (just playing devil's advocate here):

1) How many people expecting their results are doing so with the NEED to stamp something right now? Think about it. I have had my PE for almost a year now, I work for a consulting engineering firm, I have been PM for 3 different projects (including design work), and I HAVE STILL NOT STAMPED ANYTHING!! I haven't needed to. Come to think of it, I did stamp one thing: a request letter for a duplicate certificate (one for the office, one for home).

2) Most of us plan on practicing Engineering for many, many years (probably 30+). How much is knowing the results 3 months sooner(assuming the results are able to be delivered faster) going to affect this? Even if you consider pay-raises (the lucky ones that do get them in todays economy), you're only talking about maybe a few hundred dollars over the course of 3 months. So you can buy a new TV 3 months earlier, it's probably not going to make or break the bank.

3) How much of a difference would it be if you got the results earlier considering the exams are only given twice a year? Tell me honestly if you found out you failed a month ago (I really hope you passed, I really do) would you really do anything differently? Would you hontestly start studying earlier? A few would, but I know I personally wouldn't start studying until about +/-2.5 months before the next exam whether I knew a month ago or a month from now.

I know the simple response to all 3 is the shear principle of it. How can a bunch of engineers who are trained on making things faster, better, more efficient, etc, administer an exam with some of the worst efficiency of all the licenced professions in the country? Bit ironic if you ask me. I remember going through this for the April exam last year and at one point breaking down the time-frame from the NCEES website and in all honesty, with the amount of checking, cross-checking, and hand re-checking that is done with the results, 10-12 weeks is actually pretty close to reasonable.

At this point all I can do is tell you is that I understand where you are coming from with your frustrations. Please don't bother the state boards right now, they have very little control over what happens with the results over the first 8 weeks. Some have no influence over when the results are given at all (those of us in a "direct notification" state). Everyone here is either going through or have already endured this (or both) and we all hope the best for you all.

I 100% agree with benbo's post above about the crazy things people do while waiting then suddenly give up on after the results are posted. Once you reach "the other side" as so many of us have already done, you too will understand more clearly what we have stated. I can tell you that enduring the wait will only make you really WANT it that much more, and truly appreciate your license that much more as well.

Here's to hoping you all receive good letters / emails sooner rather than later (sorry California, there really isn't much help I can give you guys).

<---raises his beer in a toast

1. Would immediatly start design work on septics and homes, so much work is slipping past me.

2. Plan on retiring in about 15 years, I got a late start in the engineering field, literally someone who started out as a laborer, then heavy equipment operator, went on to become a pen & ink draftsman, then field tech, project manager and hopefully an engineer.

3. Yes, I would start studying sooner, I work one full time job and do side work for a local engineer all while raising two sons on my own. Time is a precious commodity for me.

Finding out you pass makes all the wait so so so much more enjoyable

Finding out you failed also makes the wait such a &*((&(&^&!!!! cause you could have been studying!

Been through bothe scenarios, first one is the best though ;)

In my job i have reached my ceiling without my license. I can't get promoted without it. I'm anxious because, to me, it means everything.

IRS or the immigrant status post online to tell you the status...(but that is immediate affect their election)...So they can be faster...
SAT score is faster because children can use that score to apply for college and get educated...(They will get knowedge later on so they will thanks to those who help them....

PE or FE test is so slow is because that the people who taking the test already have their own knowledge that they know which canadate they are going to vote for.....

The conclusion is that we should vote for the opposite party next time... If state governor is republican that we should vote for another party later on...
I couldn't make sense out of any of these sentences... and I suspect it's not a language barrier! You can't really think Arnold Schwarzenegger is spending any time figuring out which tests he should speed up or slow down to assure his next election?

In my job i have reached my ceiling without my license. I can't get promoted without it. I'm anxious because, to me, it means everything.
Of course! But a few weeks here or there isn't likely to make a big difference... and if it would or did, you should have taken the test six months earlier.

Again I'm not complaining about the length of time it takes. They have a process to ensure results are scored correctly and give people time to appeal, etc. I understand and appreciate all of that. I just wish they could publish the exact date (like California does - July 27, 2009) so at least we wouldn't be waiting on pins and needles anticipating the results. It would help to know when to expect the letter or e-mail and it would reduce many of the calls they get with people asking the same question over and over again.

But you can't hold a whole state board responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole licensing system? And if the whole licensing system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

For me, it hasn't been 6 weeks, it's been about 13 months.

My fiance and I hate this city. He has been in line for promotion and subsequent relocation for over a year now. (The stock market stopped the retirement flow out of his company.) We decided that, if I pass the PE exam, that we would move to Florida and he would request transfer or find a new job.

So I wait every day to find out if I passed and if I am finally free of this hell-hole - or - if I will have to suffer through, probably, another 6 months here. I get that, either way, it's my own fault. But the not knowing is just wearing down an already-worn-down girl even more.

That said, I secretly enjoy each day of waiting, because it might be the last day that I even have hope of getting out of here before next year! (If the results are bad news, that is.)

But you can't hold a whole state board responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole licensing system? And if the whole licensing system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
Rock on!! :th_rockon: :thumbs:

For me, it hasn't been 6 weeks, it's been about 13 months. My fiance and I hate this city. He has been in line for promotion and subsequent relocation for over a year now. (The stock market stopped the retirement flow out of his company.) We decided that, if I pass the PE exam, that we would move to Florida and he would request transfer or find a new job.

So I wait every day to find out if I passed and if I am finally free of this hell-hole - or - if I will have to suffer through, probably, another 6 months here. I get that, either way, it's my own fault. But the not knowing is just wearing down an already-worn-down girl even more.

That said, I secretly enjoy each day of waiting, because it might be the last day that I even have hope of getting out of here before next year! (If the results are bad news, that is.)
I sincerely hope you have passed and find Florida a much better place.

For me, it hasn't been 6 weeks, it's been about 13 months. My fiance and I hate this city. He has been in line for promotion and subsequent relocation for over a year now. (The stock market stopped the retirement flow out of his company.) We decided that, if I pass the PE exam, that we would move to Florida and he would request transfer or find a new job.

I truly hope you find happiness in Florida. :woot:

Back