IEEE References?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redskinsdb21

Reaction score
Could anyone make a suggestion on what IEEE manual would be good to use on the exam if I need to look something up on it?

I didnt use any IEEE stuff when i took the exam...i dont think you would need it. Well probably the NESC but for the amount of questions asked for the NESC i dont think is worth buying the book.

I think the closest one would be the red book. I am trying to read the color books now but i have no time. They are supposedly a great reference for power engineers.

Which would tell you how to determine something like the polarization index of an insulation test?

It is the ratio of two time resistance measurements and its mentioned in at least the Red and Buff books.

Last edited by a moderator:
the generic things you can get off the internet. there were maybe two total bullet points that were any help during the exam in april, and i had the red and the green books with me.

Like others mentioned, I didn't use them. But if I was take one, it would be the Red Book. Honestly, the EERM (or whatever they call it now), NEC handbook, a Power Machines and Electronics book (I can't remember the author), and my Ugly book covered all but one or two questions. That was a few years ago, so things may have changed some. Good luck.

Back