I want to buy NCEES pencils...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they are 0.7mm?

(also, note the last sentence)

NCEES POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF MECHANICAL PENCILS - The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) has adopted a policy which requires all examinees to use the mechanical pencils NCEES provides at the examination site. You cannot use your own personal writing instrument. Examinees must use NCEES-issued mechanical pencils only. These pencils will be distributed at the examination site. The pencil will be pre-loaded with 0.7-mm HB lead. Examinees may NOT bring lead or erasers. If additional lead or an eraser is needed during the examination, raise your hand and a proctor will issue an additional pencil. After the exam you may keep the NCEES pencils.
We were not allowed to keep our pencils following the October 2013 FE exam.

I should have been a little more clear, sorry, this is from the CA Agreement. My main point was to show that NCEES pencils apparently use 0.7mm lead size. (but is that last sentence not the sweetest, most poetic, diction ever scribed?)

NCEES POLICY REGARDING THE USE OF MECHANICAL PENCILS - The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) has adopted a policy which requires all examinees to use the mechanical pencils NCEES provides at the examination site. You cannot use your own personal writing instrument. Examinees must use NCEES-issued mechanical pencils only. These pencils will be distributed at the examination site. The pencil will be pre-loaded with 0.7-mm HB lead. Examinees may NOT bring lead or erasers. If additional lead or an eraser is needed during the examination, raise your hand and a proctor will issue an additional pencil. After the exam you may keep the NCEES pencils.
We were not allowed to keep our pencils following the October 2013 FE exam.
Ha. Only because you complied. They "told" us the same thing during the WI exam administration. Was going to be a cold day in h#ll had they tried to take it from me. ;)

I did exactly what the NCEES instructed me to do. Why? Because I like to follow directions to the "T". I took my pencil and started swooping up other pencils left behind by other test takers. Surely those who left their pencils behind decreased their chances of passing by at least 10%. And for every pencil I grabbed in addition to my own, I increased my chances of passing by 10% (per pencil). I felt like PacMan scooping up pellets (pencils) before Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde (the Proctors) got to them. haha ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I did exactly what the NCEES instructed me to do. Why? Because I like to follow directions to the "T". I took my pencil and started swooping up other pencils left behind by other test takers. Surely those who left their pencils behind decreased their chances of passing by at least 10%. And for every pencil I grabbed in addition to my own, I increased my chances of passing by 10% (per pencil). I felt like PacMan scooping up pellets (pencils) before Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde (the Proctors) got to them. haha ;)
I wish I have the balls to do it..I did have extra pencils from people that took the test and gave it to me later after they found out they failed :(

Unless someone left behind their unlucky pencil. They increased their chances by 10% by leaving it and you decreased 10% by taking it. I heard they put different amounts of juju in each pencil, a sick joke by NCEES.

Back