I passed the Electrical CBT EIT Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nevermind I found the policy in the NCEES Examinee Guide here: http://ncees.org/exams/cbt/examinee-guide/

exact calculator policy is here: http://ncees.org/exams/calculator-policy/

Few different Casio calculators and a few Texas Instruments. I imagine they are probably all models with very limited storage capabilities. Sorry to clutter up the thread, been reviewing for FE, stumbled upon this board and got a bit excited.

Hi guys, 

I am taking the EIT for the third time now in May. The previous times I took the hard paper version and I took the general version of it. Now, I am preparing to take the electrical version since that was my major. I took the Test Masters course but a lot of the material it was new to me and it made the test harder. Right now I am going by the  FE Electrical and Computer Review Manual by Michael R Lindeburg. Although the book is good I feel like I am not moving fast enough nor getting enough practice in all of the areas covered. I am thinking in taking one of those online courses by School of PE. Has anyone take them, and were they of help? If not, where were you guys able to find practice problems. Please let me know. 

Thanks!

I just completed the online course by school of PE for FE Electrical and Computer, it was helpful and will be writing my test in April 2016.

Thanks Lador. I saw a demo of their review online and it wasnt bad. I am going to get it along with the problems with PPI. Best of luck to you on April! Let me know how it goes afterwards pls.  

Hello John EIT - Congratulations !!!

I am planning on taking the FE Exam. Started researching and found your post.

I graduated in 2006 as Electrical Engineer and now planning for FE and then PE. Need some guidance on course material/books to follow, any advise that will help me? Also I am living abroad. Lost at the moment completely.

Please advise

Kind Regards,

JQ

What do you do in your day-to-day job?

I would suggest a review course for both the FE and PE.

After being out of school for 5 years in 2014, I took School of PE's OnDemand review course for FE and passed.

2015 was a crazy work year so I wasn't able to do anything.

In Janurary 2016, I took School of PE's OnDemand review course for PE and just passed the April 2016 exam.

Back