HVAC - Mixture Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of the day, use what feels good to you. When I'm doing it the long method (ha + Whg), I used the attached tables to help me. It has both h of the dry air and Hg of the water vapor in the mix right in the same table. All you're missing is the W humidity ratio...By the way, IT IS NOT Wg on the table don't make that mistake.!

KS

20120410153039.pdf

Attachments

• 20120410153039.pdf
    224.7 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Kelly!

Man, I went away to a meeting this afternoon and responses started flying! I think we're all just a tad anxious, eh? :)

Yeah, tell me about it. It's a touch hard to focus this week. It's time to be done with this, this time.

My brain is saturaded with information at this point. I have noticed that lately my ears cannot stop ringing. It is a constant noise. I need to take the test and relax.

I've been seeing "engineering" everywhere. I look at a boat floating in the ocean: What is the buoyant force? I see an expansion tank: I wonder what the axial forces are? Look at a structural beam: What would the moment of inertia be for that?

I think the most important thing is to breathe and realize we have studied and should be well prepared for this exam. If the problem looks too complicated, you're probably looking at it the wrong way. It should only take you a couple of equations to solve it.

Now I hope I can use my own advice and not panic :)

Back