HP calculator clearing memory

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgheng

Reaction score
Does Person VUE clear your calculator memory before the NCEES exams? In 2016, the NCEES told me they are not allowed to clear calculator memory. I'll check with the NCEES again, but I need to know what Pearson is actually doing with this.

It’s Pearson’s job to confirm your calculator meets the NCEES policy and if it doesn’t you won’t be allowed to use it. That’s all they do. What model are you using?

It's the HP-35s. After I emailed the NCEES, they confirmed Pearson is not allowed to clear calculator memory. Now that the test is closed book, having calculator memory is more critical than ever.

It's the HP-35s. After I emailed the NCEES, they confirmed Pearson is not allowed to clear calculator memory. Now that the test is closed book, having calculator memory is more critical than ever.
What suggestions would you have for calculator efficiency and use. Until this past year I’ve only used calculators for simple things. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back