How to use Six-Minutes for morning breath topics

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rejectedbytexas

Reaction score
Looking at transportation for my afternoon exam, I get a whole set of civil six-minute solutions (5 books) and wonders if it is necessary for me to work on the parts of depth questions in the books other than transportation. The depth in the transportation book already kind of frustrated me by taking me over 10 minutes sometimes. How should I use other six-minute for the morning session?

Thanks!

Looking at transportation for my afternoon exam, I get a whole set of civil six-minute solutions (5 books) and wonders if it is necessary for me to work on the parts of depth questions in the books other than transportation. The depth in the transportation book already kind of frustrated me by taking me over 10 minutes sometimes. How should I use other six-minute for the morning session?

Thanks!

[SIZE=10.5pt]rbt, that's a lot of money to spend for not a whole lot of AM problems. But, other than money, I guess it can't hurt. The general rule that I would recommend to anyone, not necessarily related to these 6MS books, is do not waste one minute studying something you won't be tested on. With that said, my advice would be to do all of the 6MS AM questions for all disciplines, all of the PM questions for Transpo (although be aware that I don't think the 6MS Transpo book has incorporated the current standards (ex.HCM 2010)), then I would carefully go through the PM question of the other 4 disciplines to see which, if any, might fall under an AM syllabus topic (common). And, yes, these 6MS books take way more than 6 mins so don't feel too bad when it takes over 10 mins. It's still good practice. Good luck.[/SIZE]

I prefer generic Listerine myself.

LOL, too funny.

Thank you, ptatohed.

Thanks!
[SIZE=10.5pt]rbt, that's a lot of money to spend for not a whole lot of AM problems. But, other than money, I guess it can't hurt. The general rule that I would recommend to anyone, not necessarily related to these 6MS books, is do not waste one minute studying something you won't be tested on. With that said, my advice would be to do all of the 6MS AM questions for all disciplines, all of the PM questions for Transpo (although be aware that I don't think the 6MS Transpo book has incorporated the current standards (ex.HCM 2010)), then I would carefully go through the PM question of the other 4 disciplines to see which, if any, might fall under an AM syllabus topic (common). And, yes, these 6MS books take way more than 6 mins so don't feel too bad when it takes over 10 mins. It's still good practice. Good luck.[/SIZE]

I'm using this book now and it seems too hard. I hear the test is not as hard. Anyway last test for me!!

They are not too hard, they just take longer than 6 min per problem. When practicing problems don't worry about solving the problems within 6 minutes, just understand the concepts and how to solve the problem. That is the most important.

I never agreed with saying you need to solve problems within 6 mins. That is not how the test works. Yes, you have to average 6 minutes per problem but, some problems will take 10 sec and others will take 10 mins or longer.

Back