How do you get the Nerve to open the envelope

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like a Band-Aid---just rip it open.

I was worried too because the envelope was so thin. But good news came in about 3 sentences.

You should do it in some creative fashion and video record it, then post it on YouTube or something. :)

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) my results were posted online over a week before I got the envelope so when it did finally arrive the mystery behind what was inside was already gone.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) my results were posted online over a week before I got the envelope so when it did finally arrive the mystery behind what was inside was already gone.
I did and I failed oh bummer!

I just ripped it open. It was the only thing in my mailbox that day. Once I read that I passed my hand was shaking for awhile.

The timing couldn't have been worse for pressure when mine came. It actually came to the office. A structural PE who passed last fall was actually walking down the hall with me giving me all kinds of hell about the results ("So, did you pass? It's going to suck to have to take it again. All my friends already got their results, and they send out the passes first.")

I deserved this, of course, since I had razzed him the same way a year earlier. We walked by our in-boxes and I grabbed my stack of stuff. Lo and Behold! there it was. I held it up and said "Well, does this envelope look skinny or fat?" I really wanted to scoot off to my desk and open it in private. Of course the razzing just got cranked up a few notches, which attracted attention and got a couple of other peoples attention.

So, with my manli-ness being questioned and coworkers all around, I opened it right there in the hallway just inside the entry to our office.

The girl standing right next to me leaning in eventually got back the hearing in her ear that was facing me when I let out that "WHOOT!" of joy.

I held my envelope, tried peeking, felt that it had two pieces of paper and knew I had a letter and a diagnostics sheet, so I just opened it.

I held my envelope, tried peeking, felt that it had two pieces of paper and knew I had a letter and a diagnostics sheet, so I just opened it.
That happened to me when I failed it the second time. The third time I failed my wife told me by phone because I was out on travel.

The fourth time I was still in bed and my wife ran into the room and literally pounced on me screaming for me to open it, because she surmised there was only a single sheet which she knew meant pass. :)

Don't worry csb - you will get the letter with a single sheet soon. :) Once you do, all of the other letters will NEVER matter. :)

JR

In Texas we get our results online, so I can't imagine the feeling of holding "the letter" in hand. But I did close my eyes after I entered my info. on the results webpage. I slowly opened my eyes, it took a second or two for my eyes to focus, and once I saw "PASSED" I jumped up and down for joy.

By the way I still have yet to receive anything from the Board via snail mail. Hmmm... Make me wonder if I actually passed.

Last edited:
One of my co-workers opened it accidentally on my day off, so he called me at home to let me know.

Back