How do you feel if a person tells you she spent only one night to prepare and pass the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I took the exam in April, the guy sitting at the table in front of me showed up and took the test with nothing but a single calculator. He did not have a single book, nor any binder or anything. Zero references of any kind. NOTHING but a calculator. He finished and left the first half only 2 hrs in and left before I'd solved even half my problems, and then he finished the second half in only an hour and a half. I shlt you not.  :true: I dont know which PE exam he was taking, but it was unbelievable. The guy was either a super genius who aced it like nothing, or he was so far out of his league that he didnt know it was open book and he just guessed on the scantron and left.  :withstupid: To this day, I want so badly to ask him WTF he did, and did he pass? :huh:  I was rattled by it as I unloaded my books feeling like I was doing it wrong. WTF???

pjavery said:
@Surf and Snow - there was a woman directly behind me taking Electrical: Computer who literally had nothing. Not even a calculator. She finished the morning section 30 minutes early and the afternoon one an hour early. It was wild. I'm guessing the same thing you are - either she's ridiculously smart or had no idea what she was walking into. (I was so curious I took a peep at her name card to catch the discipline before the afternoon section started).

On the other end of the spectrum, I had CivE's to my left, right, front, and behind me. They made me feel like I didn't bring anything myself (I filled a backpack & carried a giant binder). So I guess each test has its own quirks...
See, I saw numerous people taking the Electrical Power PE that had almost no references, an NEC code book that was 7 years old, or not even having the NESC.. It's literally impossible to answer 20 percent of the questions without the proper references for the power PE. They are full of it 

When I took the exam in April, the guy sitting at the table in front of me showed up and took the test with nothing but a single calculator. He did not have a single book, nor any binder or anything. Zero references of any kind. NOTHING but a calculator. He finished and left the first half only 2 hrs in and left before I'd solved even half my problems, and then he finished the second half in only an hour and a half. I shlt you not.  :true: I dont know which PE exam he was taking, but it was unbelievable. The guy was either a super genius who aced it like nothing, or he was so far out of his league that he didnt know it was open book and he just guessed on the scantron and left.  :withstupid: To this day, I want so badly to ask him WTF he did, and did he pass? :huh:  I was rattled by it as I unloaded my books feeling like I was doing it wrong. WTF???
Wait, you actually needed references?  For which of the PE exams?

I mean, I finished the power exam in the morning which was eaaasssyyy and jumped to the mechanical HVAC in the afternoon which gave me some problems.  I really wished they gave more time then 8 hours for 160 problems but ya know how it is.

Passed both btw so cant complain.

People who boast about themselves have a problem. There is nothing more I can add to this conversation 🤮

Back