How did you do in the AM & PM Electrical April, 2014 PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alabama posted today and I passed Power. As stated in one of the other forums this board was very helpful and I plan to pay it forward along with sending in a donation.

I think I did good in the afternoon. Did really good on the NEC code questions and a lot of the calculation type..not sure about the theory but luckily i passed

Found out last night that I passed Electrical/Electronics in Connecticut. Imprudent references for me that I can remember off the top of my head:.

1. Ogata control theory book

2. Lin electronics book

3. NCEES practice exam

4. Camara electronics review manual

5. Camara electronics problems

6. Camara electronics practice exam

7. The free, PDF practice exam from that professor gentleman who just requires your email address (others have mentioned him here)

8. A small, but thick, red electrical reference book (Amazon sells it; someone on the board recommended it)

This was my first try. Congrats to those who have received passing results already. To those who are still waiting, I know it's agonizing, but try to think of something else.

I quickly typed my previous post on my phone; please excuse the nonsensical stuff. Some more info on references:

• The small, thick, red book is Electrical Engineering by Kories and Schmidt-Walter.
  • I am still trying to track down the website for the free practice exam I used.

I found out this morning that I passed the PE (California) exam. It was my first attempt.

Below are the books I used:

- Wildi

-Grainger & Stevenson

-GA. tech notes

- Blackburn

- Electrical handbook , Beatty (found pdf online)

books I regret buying:

- Camara (I took it to the exam though)

I purchased the international print for Stevenson and Wildi books. Half the price and exactly the same as the US edition.

I found out this morning that I passed the PE (California) exam. It was my first attempt.

- Wildi

-Grainger & Stevenson

-GA. tech notes

- Blackburn

books I regret buying:

I purchased the international print for Stevenson and Wildi books. Half the price and exactly the same as the US edition.
I also regret buying Camara reference manual... I borrowed Stevenson and Wildi books from a local university library, and download some calculation handbook, printed several sections.

- Wildi

-Grainger & Stevenson

-GA. tech notes

- Blackburn

books I regret buying:

I remember getting a couple questions answered in the Camara book (mainly in the afternoon, IIRC); The one I really didn't use was the NESC handbook (sure glad I didn't drop the cash for the actual NESC!).

congratulations to all of you guys who passed the PE exam. hope i can post in november/december 2014 that i passed. Don't loose hope. there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Back