Hiner vs. EET

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@vip-eng np man. I am going to dive into EET survey the day after I take seismic... EET is the way to go for seismic I feel great after studying the course more... how did you do on your last seismic attempt?

@vip-eng Thats good you probably will pass... like I said I did that and the course itself but I think I just needed an extra kick to pass... I pretty much had 1 deficient category

because my proficient would make up probably for one of the two deficient I had... Probably equates too 2-3 questions needed to pass

@vip-eng Thats good you probably will pass... like I said I did that and the course itself but I think I just needed an extra kick to pass... I pretty much had 1 deficient category

because my proficient would make up probably for one of the two deficient I had... Probably equates too 2-3 questions needed to pass
Lol I was in your same boat the first time I took the exam. 
I had pro, def, mar, mar, def, mar.

Pretty sure you need an average of all marginal to pass. If my proficient made up for one of my marginals, then I would still be shy by 1 marginal.

Lol I was in your same boat the first time I took the exam. 
I had pro, def, mar, mar, def, mar.

Pretty sure you need an average of all marginal to pass. If my proficient made up for one of my marginals, then I would still be shy by 1 marginal.

Still doesn't understand how this assessment works; I know people who passed the exam although they skipped all the questions in one area i.e inspection questions, diaphragm questions! 

So the million dollar question is If you answer 38 questions right and all your answers in one area were wrong would you still fail! 

Any input @CAPLS ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, hit these Deficient areas really hard and I am sure you will pass it next time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Baby Hamster @vip-eng Yeah baby hamster I agree you need all marginal which is give or take 65% tops to passs.... I got marginal on 75% of the exam and did not pass.... I am so close

but thanks vip I have been studying everything again and focusing closer. Hope jan 25th when i take it i pass

I took EET course and felt like it covered all the topics well.

I just took the seismic this week all I used was his workbook and handouts for the entire exam.

Back