Highway Capacity Manual - Needed for AM?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayman_PE

Quid pro quo
Reaction score
For those who took the exam, did you need the HCM 2000 manual for the AM? I have a pdf version and with over 1,000 pages I'm not interested printing it off. With some time I could probably pin down the relevant sections, formuals, etc. but would prefer not. Does CERM cover enough of this for AM?

thanks,

Jason

I wish I had it for 3 problems as they were not covered in the CERM at all, so I guessed the best I could when I took the test last October. I didn't need it when it was all said and done, but if I had access to a hard copy, I would have brought it. Be sure you have the most up to date copy, I know the 2000 edition has been updated by errata a few times per some friends that took the Transportation PM.

Good luck on the test.

For those who took the exam, did you need the HCM 2000 manual for the AM? I have a pdf version and with over 1,000 pages I'm not interested printing it off. With some time I could probably pin down the relevant sections, formuals, etc. but would prefer not. Does CERM cover enough of this for AM?

thanks,

Jason
Jay, you shouldn't need any special codes/standards/manuals for anything in the AM (the CERM should be enough). You would only need the HCM for the Transpo afternoon. Good luck.

I don't remember needing this reference in the Oct '09 exam with construction PM. I didn't have it since it wasn't on the reference list.

Back