Hazen Williams problem issues

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, well when someone specifically tells you to use Hazen and you do something different you aren't following directions. If this were an exam or if your employer asked you to do this and you disregarded the directions then you fail. The guy didn't ask what you thought about the approach to the problem, he asked for help with the problem, which specifically says find the velocity using Hazen.
Chuck,

Maybe you missed the title of the forum this is posted in... "PE Exam Prep". It's certainly not about your employer asking you to do something, which I guess might be relevant if the forum were titled "I'm an Engineering Intern and Need Help with my Work Assignment".

The goal here is to help people with the PE Exam Prep - if you're going to give an answer that makes some implicit assumption that's left unsaid, you're doing a disservice.

Don't think of it as work.

The whole point is just to enjoy yourself.

Again, please post your perfect solution so I have something to compare my inferior solution to.
slp6hk.jpg

Udden, udden.

Again, please post your perfect solution so I have something to compare my inferior solution to. I have a feeling you work for the government.
No, thank you... you don't really need me to post a perfect solution. I sure hope you're not insecure about the size of your PEness - inferiority complexes can lead to sub-par performance. Take a deep breath, and don't worry too much about for who I work. Though, that reminds me, thank you for contributing some of your taxes to my paycheck and even a few cents towards getting rid of my clunker in exchange for a nice new Camry.

won't, precisely because I'd have to deal with people such as yourself.
There's therapy for that sort of problem... it must cause you lots of angst every year when you have to "deal" with the tax man.

And, hey, I don't hold a grudge... if you ever need a job, let me know and I'll put a good word in for you. With time, encouragement, motivation, and training you would make a fine civil servant.

Back