HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! It doesn't really feel like TG today, though. The skies are blue and the sun is out. Every year for as far back as I can remember, TG day was always gray, overcast, no sun, and rather chilly.

Bird is in the oven, I love the smell of the house.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

I might have to dig out the Christmas lights this afternoon. Weather here is decent, too. Usually it can be clear, but COLD. I think it's going to be around 50 today.

Happy Thanksgiving. Turkey in the oven. We cooked the ham last night. Sometimes I wish I had 2 ovens.

I might have to dig out the Christmas lights this afternoon. Weather here is decent, too. Usually it can be clear, but COLD. I think it's going to be around 50 today.
You think 50 is cold??!!! :rotflmao:

The high here is 38 with the wind chill down around 30!

JR

No, no... it's USUALLY COLD. It's like 50 today which is unbelievably awesome for late November. THat's why I don't want to wait on the lights. Will dig them out and probably put them up tomorrow when all the lunatics are out and about shopping.

Turkey dinner was awesome!!! Turkey sleep has worn off and I'm feeling good now. Kids veg'd out watching cartoons and QUIET, so I don't mind missing football if they stay this way. Hope everyone elses holiday was just as good.

Ours was good out here. We had about 30 relatives over to our house (15 of them kids) and it was a little chaotic, but it was fun. Waaayyyy too much food, though - people here don't seem to understand that a 20 lb turkey is enough meat for a crowd that big. We had that plus 2 large tataga (unicorn fish), a pile of barbecued chicken wings and ribs, fried chicken, sashimi (sliced raw tuna), and a plate of cooked mussels.

Ugh! Good food. Turkey induced coma coming soon. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mrs. JR did well on her first thanksgiving dinner - she was so worried about everything turning our right, including the turkey. She did make me laugh when she told me that I *MUST* get dressed and would not be allowed to eat dinner in my jammies. Even though it was just the two of us she was quite serious about celebrating 'right'.

It was all quite awesome and now I am stuffed and watching christmas specials with Mrs. JR. We are supposed to get the first flurries of the year tonight starting in a few hours. :)

I hope everyone else's day was just as awesome!! :D

JR

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I'm back in town. We did TG dinner with my Mrs. Chuck's extended family. They live about an hour and a half away so we left Thursday at 11:00. After that we went to my in-laws' with plans to wake up early Black Friday to do some Christmas shopping. My 4 year old woke up with an ear infection at 3:00 in the morning and we didn't bring any Motrin with us so at 3:30 I had to go buy some. Got back at 4:00 in the morning, got the little guy to sleep at 4:15, then the alarm was supposed to go off at 4:30 so we could be at Target at 5:00. I said f that and rescheduled wake up time to 6:00. Wife woke me up at 5:30 and was pissed that I had reset the alarm. So we got to Target at 6:00. Went to a couple of other places and got a lot of shopping done. Went out drinking Friday night, then went over to my parents' on Saturday, watched the awful Clemson game, came back to Chucktown, got a tree yesterday, decorated last night. Holy crap I'm tired.

Hope everyone had a good one. We went out and ate the Thanksgiving Buffet at Golden Corral, and I've got to admit, I don't know why anyone cooks at home anymore. The place was PACKED, but no lines once you got seated. $11 for everything you could imagine - turkey, ham, steak, pot roast, stuffing/fixins, full dessert bar, fried/baked chicken, meatloaf, etc etc etc. 45 minutes we were done, no prep, no cleanup. It was awesome.

Nothing beats home cooked. I've done the T-giving buffet before, and not only was it not nearly as good as home cooked, there was a colossal assortment of people I'd just have soon not have been around (think Jerry Springer).

Back