Green Book GDHS 2004 vs 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilestar

Reaction score
I bought 2004 edition before, I am just wondering if differences between two editions are worth buying a new copy for exam. Please guide.

The 5th --> 6th ed GDHS didn't change as much as, say, the 00 --> 10 HCM and I'm sure you'll still pass with the 5th ed but, if you can afford it, the GDHS is a book that's best to have current.

The passing sight distance has changed. The relationship between the design speed and passing vehicle is changed; they are they same in the 2011 book. Also the difference in speed between the passing vehicle and the vehicle being passed has increased from 10mph top 12mph. This chagnes all the sight distances. If your going to take the time to study and invest in the 2011 book.

This is the one book you need to be current edition.

Looking things over, I think you need both. Studying for this is a huge investment in time. Why go into the exam knowing you have an outdated reference manual. It starts you out in a bad frame of mind.

Back