Graphite / Administration Troubles - Joke or no?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newjersey.jpg
Hey Ram, why are New Yorker's always so angry?

The non-test-takers are having way more fun than usual this test cycle. No news is a breeding ground for jokers.
I figured. The joke threads are a great way to be sure the people using this forum to check on results will never come back after passing.
This website has withstood years of noobs showing up around results time, whine and moan about how long it takes to find out if they passed and then disappear never to be heard from again. The cool people usually stick around and we've never been worse off from those who didn't.

It's a free resource provided by some strange dude and a few others who have made donations just to have a cool place on the internet where engineer's can interact with other engineers. Ask for advice, post links to other resources and in general try to have fun. If you don't like something you read, try to ignore it or try to provide a valid argument against it. The majority of the joke threads that are posted should be obvious enough so that someone taking the PE is intelligent enough to determine the far fetched fiction and as Sapper said in another thread, if it sounds far fetched, it's probably not true. .
Fair points to be sure. Jokes don't bother me, the "you an idiot for not knowing this was a joke" posts are a little less amusing.

So either:

1. Mike has discovered a sense of humor or

2. He has given up and accepted his fate.

The non-test-takers are having way more fun than usual this test cycle. No news is a breeding ground for jokers.

I figured. The joke threads are a great way to be sure the people using this forum to check on results will never come back after passing.

This website has withstood years of noobs showing up around results time, whine and moan about how long it takes to find out if they passed and then disappear never to be heard from again. The cool people usually stick around and we've never been worse off from those who didn't.

It's a free resource provided by some strange dude and a few others who have made donations just to have a cool place on the internet where engineer's can interact with other engineers. Ask for advice, post links to other resources and in general try to have fun. If you don't like something you read, try to ignore it or try to provide a valid argument against it. The majority of the joke threads that are posted should be obvious enough so that someone taking the PE is intelligent enough to determine the far fetched fiction and as Sapper said in another thread, if it sounds far fetched, it's probably not true. .

Fair points to be sure. Jokes don't bother me, the "you an idiot for not knowing this was a joke" posts are a little less amusing.

see, those you can just turn around and say "ha ha, but I was drunk when I read it" and you'll fit in all around :)

see, those you can just turn around and say "ha ha, but I was drunk when I read it" and you'll fit in all around :)

Just keep in mind some of these folks have known each other via this board for years. If you don't get any "in-jokes" (I still don't get many since I've only been active recently) then just ask and they'll more than likely explain it or give you a link to the thread where it started.

Also, feel free to use said jokes once you understand them...

If it is, I need to retake geography.

Is that an insult to NJ or NE?

I can't tell.

Whoever was mad about the "you're an idiot for not knowing it was a joke" thing, I suppose you're talking about me. Well, if it comes across that way, then sorry, that isn't my intention. Just think of me as the grumpy old designer in the corner cubicle who always has a snarky comment for the young whippersnappers who come traipsing in here with their cool new kicks and fancy graphing calculators. Eventually, you learn to go to lunch without me and always let me take the extra two minutes to pour some coffee at the start of the mundane meeting about parking spaces.

Whoever was mad about the "you're an idiot for not knowing it was a joke" thing, I suppose you're talking about me. Well, if it comes across that way, then sorry, that isn't my intention. Just think of me as the grumpy old designer in the corner cubicle who always has a snarky comment for the young whippersnappers who come traipsing in here with their cool new kicks and fancy graphing calculators. Eventually, you learn to go to lunch without me and always let me take the extra two minutes to pour some coffee at the start of the mundane meeting about parking spaces.
I think I know you.

wizard-behind-curtain1.jpg

Just think of me as the grumpy old designer in the corner cubicle who always has a snarky comment for the young whippersnappers who come traipsing in here with their cool new kicks and fancy graphing calculators. Eventually, you learn to go to lunch without me and always let me take the extra two minutes to pour some coffee at the start of the mundane meeting about parking spaces.

Done and done.

In hindsight, checking this board on my phone at a rest area while on a 3 hour drive for 1 hour meeting all the while waiting all week for any results news, I might not have had my BS detector at full strength.

Just think of me as the grumpy old designer in the corner cubicle who always has a snarky comment for the young whippersnappers who come traipsing in here with their cool new kicks and fancy graphing calculators. Eventually, you learn to go to lunch without me and always let me take the extra two minutes to pour some coffee at the start of the mundane meeting about parking spaces.

Done and done.

In hindsight, checking this board on my phone at a rest area while on a 3 hour drive for 1 hour meeting all the while waiting all week for any results news, I might not have had my BS detector at full strength.

- sounds like you were as good as drunk, even though you were far from it-

Back