Got my PE Results - 67 :(

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csm

Reaction score
Well, I took the Chemical PE in Texas and found out I didn't pass. I got a 67. I am so frustrated I am not sure what else to even study. Any advice on how to get ready for round 2? Do we actually get information on which subjects we did poor in?

Thanks!

Well, I took the Chemical PE in Texas and found out I didn't pass. I got a 67. I am so frustrated I am not sure what else to even study. Any advice on how to get ready for round 2? Do we actually get information on which subjects we did poor in?
Thanks!
Sorry to hear that. I also didn't pass my first time, and I'm not sure how it works in TX but in Tennessee they give you a diagnostic sheet showing the percentages you got correct for each area.

Advice for Round 2... well for me, I took some deep breaths, took a week or so off to get all my emotions out and try to relax for a bit, and then I went full force - formed a plan of attack and committed myself to studying harder and learning from my mistakes during the test and in organizing for the test. It was really hard to motivate myself after receiving the fail letter but I really didn't want to go through it again so I guess thinking about that was what I needed. I don't know if this helps any though, this was just my own experience.

Good luck next time! You can do it!

Thanks!
I know I going to spell his name wrong, but did you use the Michael Lindeburg ChE review manual and practise questions?

FWIW - I felt the same way after I got 69 TWICE on my exams. I honestly felt that I had put in my best effort but after some introspection I realized that while I put a lot of TIME into my preparations it didn't turn out to be QUALITY time. I was able to re-organize myself with the help of a few people including the nice folks here at EB.com and finally put the exam to rest.

While I did not take the ChE - I think if you post some questions in the ChE exam prep forum there should be a few folks willing to assist with exam prep and strategy. Additionally, if you have questions about problems or problem types post those as well. I, for one, don't mind taking a crack at a few of those problems. :)

Best of luck in your future preparations!

JR

I failed the Electrical for the first time w/ a 62 so don't feel alone. Good luck in April.

Hi csm, I feel for you. I am a ChE from Texas. I failed my first two attempts (66 and 69). I passed on my third try (76). Do NOT give up. For me, it came down to completely changing my strategy the third time around based on some well-founded advice. Check out the advice in the PE Exam Prep Forum / PE Exam / Chemical Exam: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=5138

Back