Good luck testees!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLBuff PE

Multi-disciplinary engineer
Reaction score
Good luck to all the environmental peeps taking the 100-question monster on Friday! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Thanks! I am feeling really stupid right about now. I have watched all the NC State videos 3 times each and worked boatloads of problems and still feel unprepared.

I would like to second the motion of wishing luck to the testees.

During my exam, I had two testees seated a little behind (and below) me, and they finished up at pretty much the same time I did.

But the bad news is, from my experience, for every PE-ness there are always two testees who fail to change their status after the exam.

:dunno:

Thanks! I am feeling really stupid right about now. I have watched all the NC State videos 3 times each and worked boatloads of problems and still feel unprepared.
I felt the same way, jritter. Just try to relax, and don't change your routine too much on the morning of the exam. The morning of the exam, I had a nice sit down breakfast at the hotel the exam was being given, and read the paper. I did some light eview the night before the exam (maybe an hours worth), then didn't look at the material until I was TAKING the exam. Sounds like you are prepared, and will do well.

Thanks FLBuff, and thank you for all the advice. Thanks to everyone as well. I hope to come back and give advice for October instead of asking for more! :)

I'm with you jritter58. I feel completely unprepared, and am trying to rework the NCEES sample exam this week at night after work. I started to open the PPI sample exam and there are some items on there that are brand new to me...so I just decided to try to get really comfortable with the content of the NCEES exam between now and Friday. We'll see how it goes!

I re-worked the NCEES exam the day before the real thing. It only took me 4 hours (maybe less) because I already knew the solutions, but it was a good exercise. I then just relaxed, went shopping, ate a good meal, then got up early and had a good breakfast and went in and PASSED!

You can do it, too! Don't let yourself get freaked out. If you have put the time in that you say you have, you are well prepared.

But the bad news is, from my experience, for every PE-ness there are always two testees who fail to change their status after the exam.
From what I gather about the passing rates, it's more like one PE-ness for every testee and a half. Now that's a hard cut to make!

At this point, if you don't know it, you won't learn it by Friday. Concentrate on getting your references together, calculator, admission ticket, 'survival pack', etc. If it's reasonably close, take a drive past the exam site, check out the parking situation. Deal with the simple logistics at this point so that exam day is smooth and you can focus on making that exam regret the day it was born.

Thanks! I am also feeling like I could be better prepared but it is a lot of material and there is a time limit so I don't think feeling prepared is possible. It sounds like we all studied as much as we could and put in a good effort. Now we just need to stay confident and get through tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

Back