Good Civil Reference for a Chemical Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bsss

Reaction score
My education and licence is in chemical engineering. My current job responsibilities are project engineering and project management. I do the process engineering (piping, pumps, heat exchangers, chemical reactors, distillation columns, ect) and of course hire an engineering firm to do many other designs (structural, electrical, environmental impact statements, ect). I obviously do not have the background or training in these other fields but would like to know more about them so I can effectively communicate and supervise the portions of the project I am responsible for but did not do the design work for. Things I think that may help me are a general understanding of: structural, foundations/excavations/soil properties, construction techniques, cement, steel structures, storm-water, hydrology, ect. I have no intention of taking the civil PE exam but thought the CERM might be a good reference book for me. Those of you that have used this book; would it be worth while for me to buy or would it be too detailed and not much use? Thanks guys and gals!

Back