Geotech testing services

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
I wanted to put this here instead of out in the regular forums because, frankly, the trust is greater here. 

We are in discussions with a racetrack north of Detroit, and are talking about doing some full depth reclamation work for the aggregate base. The owners have had a relationship with a firm that are now jerking them around. 

So, any Michigan or New York area peeps know of a geotechnical firm around Detroit that can do some drilling? 

ktulu, I talked with one of the civil guys in the substation group at my company and he highly recommended FK Engineering.  He says they have been the most responsive, flexible, and reasonably priced in the area.  Not sure if they have much experience with pavement base though.  Contact Zack Carr, geotech VP at 313-304-6737.

Other than that we've worked a lot with Soil & Materials Engineers (SME) and they've done good work as well.  They're a bigger outfit and they may have more experience in what you're looking for.  I also know a guy at Mannik Smith through MSPE.  They do a lot of road work, but I can't personally vouch for their quality.

Back