GA Tech Online Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam314159

CMON PE!
Reaction score
Anyone have any feedback on the GA Tech online power review course? (I saw another old thread about this, but there weren't many replies)

We are trying to choose between four options atm:

1. GA Tech Online Review Course for Power Engineering

2. Kaplan Online Review Course for Power Engineering

3. Local instructor led course

4. SOLO! (Just work a bunch of problems on your own)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys.

1. GA Tech Online Review Course for Power Engineering2. Kaplan Online Review Course for Power Engineering

GA Tech course was pretty good for an online course. I would recommend it if you can swing the cost. Long story short, I think the organization of 'doing a class' helped me a lot. Search the forums if you want a more detailed answer, someone seems to ask about the GA Tech class probably every exam session. I think it was worth the cost.

Having said that, if three was available in my area, I'd probably be doing that.

Anyone have any feedback on the GA Tech online power review course? (I saw another old thread about this, but there weren't many replies)
We are trying to choose between four options atm:

1. GA Tech Online Review Course for Power Engineering

2. Kaplan Online Review Course for Power Engineering

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys.

Sam....
I took a review course at a local college and it helped me immensely. I have been out of school for

a long time and this helped me to focus and forced me NOT to procrastinate. I had tried an online

course previously, but it wasn't enough structure for me and my work environment was very

interrupt-driven. I took the exam for the first time in April, but did not pass. The thing I am doing

differently this time is more reading for conceptual understanding as I did not study power

engineering in undergrad. And, I will simulate the test by blocking out an entire day, get a sample

exam, start at 8 and work for 4 hours, take a 1 hour break, and work the remaining 4 hours. This

was suggested to me by someone who passed on the firt attempt. This forces you into the mindset

that you will be in during the actual exam, you obtain some experience navigating through your

reference materials, but most importantly, you find out what subject areas are weak. I will do this

simulated test twice before the actual exam.

That's my two cents. Good Luck!

Back