GA Tech - Economic Sample Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethy

Reaction score
Is anyone taking the course for the October exam? Any of you check the sample Economic problems? There are 4-5 answers are not correct. Problem 3, 5, 6 & 11. I don't know if I don't get the answer correctly or because it is wrong?? Please let me know if your answer is the same with the notes.

Thanks,

Bethy

I'm waiting on Mr. Russ to answer my email. I don't have any Economic Section on my "notebook". Looks that someone forgot to put that section on my "notebook".

Is anyone taking the course for the October exam? Any of you check the sample Economic problems? There are 4-5 answers are not correct. Problem 3, 5, 6 & 11. I don't know if I don't get the answer correctly or because it is wrong?? Please let me know if your answer is the same with the notes.
Thanks,

Bethy

Thanks,

Bethy
In addition to asking your question here, have you emailed Dr. Callen directly? He's pretty quick to respond and let you know if there are in fact errors in the material he provided.

Thanks,

Bethy
In addition to asking your question here, have you emailed Dr. Callen directly? He's pretty quick to respond and let you know if there are in fact errors in the material he provided.

I did email him some other question, and got answer around 7-10 day. He is very busy lately. I just want to double check with other first to see if the notes had some errors or am I wrong before notify Dr Callen about his notes.

Thanks,

Bethy

I took this class in the spring, not sure if my binder stuff are the same as yours. But mine has a page # EC-51 for the first 4 problems. Let me know if they are the same page# and I will check them all. I did do # 3 real quick, I get the same answer as the solution, but did notice a typo in the solutions sample period "n" (where it should be 1 instead of 10), but the final answer he gave was correct as though he used 1. Be careful on this problem because it is tricky. They are giving you "effective" interest rate, not interest rate per interest period. My first thought was to use 10.

I have looked at all the stuff in the GA Binder closely for the past 8 months except for economics (I skipped the economics because it is still fresh in my mine from taking the FE last year) and have not noticed an error except for today the typo of a 10 instead of 1 . In my opinion the GA Binder is a very good reference.

I'm waiting on Mr. Russ to answer my email. I don't have any Economic Section on my "notebook". Looks that someone forgot to put that section on my "notebook".
Dr. Callen informed me via e-mail that new notes for the Economics section should be delivered during the last week of September along with a new stand-alone recording.

Thanks,

Bethy

I took this class in the spring, not sure if my binder stuff are the same as yours. But mine has a page # EC-51 for the first 4 problems. Let me know if they are the same page# and I will check them all. I did do # 3 real quick, I get the same answer as the solution, but did notice a typo in the solutions sample period "n" (where it should be 1 instead of 10), but the final answer he gave was correct as though he used 1. Be careful on this problem because it is tricky. They are giving you "effective" interest rate, not interest rate per interest period. My first thought was to use 10.

I have looked at all the stuff in the GA Binder closely for the past 8 months except for economics (I skipped the economics because it is still fresh in my mine from taking the FE last year) and have not noticed an error except for today the typo of a 10 instead of 1 . In my opinion the GA Binder is a very good reference.
Yes, the"n" part that confusing me. Problem 3 with typo of n. The other problem using correct step, but some are messing up with the numbers. I guess you have the same package as me. Dr. Callen email me yesterday same as other saying he will send the new economic section by mail. Thanks for double checking.

Back