funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default-29180-58e9bbf0-sz624x351-animate.gif

^true story...mr snicks aunt and uncle rented a pair of alpacas to carry their packs/supplies when they went camping/hiking this summer. His uncle has a knee problem and his dr prohibited him from wearing the 50 lb pack they use.

^true story...mr snicks aunt and uncle rented a pair of alpacas to carry their packs/supplies when they went camping/hiking this summer. His uncle has a knee problem and his dr prohibited him from wearing the 50 lb pack they use.
50 lbs is way too heavy, they really should learn some tricks for packing lighter. 40 lbs is easily do-able. Experienced backpackers can get below 30 or even less.

50 lbs is way too heavy, they really should learn some tricks for packing lighter. 40 lbs is easily do-able. Experienced backpackers can get below 30 or even less.
Yeah I'll let you tell him that...otherwise he spend the next hr explaining how everything is necessary and how it fits perfectly into the engineered holder he built for it in his pack

why would they have to be right handed? Lefties would be expressing their opinion to the entire office, not just keeping it to themselves like a righty. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'll let you tell him that...otherwise he spend the next hr explaining how everything is necessary and how it fits perfectly into the engineered holder he built for it in his pack
It actually depends on how long they are camping for and what kind of equipment they have. I have had up to a 70lb pack before on a trips longer than two weeks.... but as the trip went on, the pack got lighter.

my pack is much lighter now that I'm older and can afford better equipment (one of the first things I invested in was an under 5 lb tent, although now days you can get them under 3lbs)... I would be interested in what he feels is necessary... I am pretty sure if I weighed my pack with out food, water and fuel, I would probably be right around 20lbs (maybe 25lbs) for the basics (tent, camp stove, water purification, sleeping bag, clothes, first aid kit etc) depending on the season and altitude I was at...

For those of you having trouble reading the 1st caption, it says "Mr. President, Governor Romney, as a 20-year-old college student, all I hear from professors, neighbors and others is that when I graduate, I will have little chance to get employment. What can you say to reassure me, but more importantly my parents, that I will be able to sufficiently support myself after I graduate?"

75700_512818142061722_680482737_n.jpg

Back