Frustrated in finding Electrical Power PE material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering:I really need the board members help. It's becoming extremely frustrating in finding the right material to study for the Electrical Power PE exam. Many people have said they've taken seminars to prepare for the exam;However I'm on a fixed income and can't afford to pay $600.00 to $1000.00 for Testmasters etc. Here is the only material I have in my possession that I can use:

1. Chelapati Electrical Power (Volume one)

2. Wildi Electrical Drives and Machines (Chapters 21 thru 23 on Power Electronics)

3. Electrical Engineering Review Manual (EERM), sixth edition

4. Schaums outline series (Power Systems Analysis)

5. Schaum's outline series (Electric Circuits)

6. Schaum's Outline series (Machines and Electromagnetics)

7. Grainger/Stevenson:power Systems Analysis

8. NEC 2008 Code book

9. NCEES 2009 Test booklet (80 problems)

10.Handbook of Electrical Calculations, by Wayne Beaty.

11. Possible purchasing Kaplan 2009 power review problems (80).

I am planning on solving at least 406 problems and my study time total would be over 400 hrs.

1. If I study the material as shown above, would this be enough to effectively prepare for the

Power exam

2. Are the problems from the EERM, Schaum's, kaplan and Grainger etc, realistic practical

problems to prepare for the exam?

3. Can ayone recommend whre I can acquire other material (Practical Problems), to prepare for

the exam?

Like I said I'm on a fixed income (Semi-retired Engineer). Trying to study smarter as oppose to studying harder is becoming frustrating on my budget. Please anyone if you have any suggestions please post them and let me know if what material I have is applicable for this exam. Again thank you for your time.

Aerofrank

Frank :

I did use the NCEES examples doing 1 , 2 ,3 ..... times until I got sharp and quick , of course and a few reading when came up something I need to expand ( google , wikipedia , etc ) , the NEC , 2008 ( handbook ) and that was it !! about the consult books I brought.

On the exam day , after I saw all the people had a books and books set up at the table I felt like Idiot and ask myself why I don't brought more books ? and start thinking I am going to fail the exam, that was a fear but dessapair when I start the exam, but let me tell you that was enough , for the question you have to guess , take your time , use the logic .

Ahhhh, do not forget the Economics tables for the few questions about that.

Good luck !!

Just wondering:I really need the board members help. It's becoming extremely frustrating in finding the right material to study for the Electrical Power PE exam. Many people have said they've taken seminars to prepare for the exam;However I'm on a fixed income and can't afford to pay $600.00 to $1000.00 for Testmasters etc. Here is the only material I have in my possession that I can use:

1. Chelapati Electrical Power (Volume one)

2. Wildi Electrical Drives and Machines (Chapters 21 thru 23 on Power Electronics)

3. Electrical Engineering Review Manual (EERM), sixth edition

4. Schaums outline series (Power Systems Analysis)

5. Schaum's outline series (Electric Circuits)

6. Schaum's Outline series (Machines and Electromagnetics)

7. Grainger/Stevenson:power Systems Analysis

8. NEC 2008 Code book

9. NCEES 2009 Test booklet (80 problems)

10.Handbook of Electrical Calculations, by Wayne Beaty.

11. Possible purchasing Kaplan 2009 power review problems (80).

I am planning on solving at least 406 problems and my study time total would be over 400 hrs.

1. If I study the material as shown above, would this be enough to effectively prepare for the

Power exam

2. Are the problems from the EERM, Schaum's, kaplan and Grainger etc, realistic practical

problems to prepare for the exam?

3. Can ayone recommend whre I can acquire other material (Practical Problems), to prepare for

the exam?

Like I said I'm on a fixed income (Semi-retired Engineer). Trying to study smarter as oppose to studying harder is becoming frustrating on my budget. Please anyone if you have any suggestions please post them and let me know if what material I have is applicable for this exam. Again thank you for your time.

Aerofrank

Frank :

I did use the NCEES examples doing 1 , 2 ,3 ..... times until I got sharp and quick , of course and a few reading when came up something I need to expand ( google , wikipedia , etc ) , the NEC , 2008 ( handbook ) and that was it !! about the consult books I brought.

On the exam day , after I saw all the people had a books and books set up at the table I felt like Idiot and ask myself why I don't brought more books ? and start thinking I am going to fail the exam ?, that was a fear but disappear quickly when I start the exam, but let me tell you the 2 or three books was enough , for the questions you have to guess take your time , use the logic .

Ahhhh, do not forget the Economics tables for the few questions about that.

Good luck !!

Good luck on your next time , you can make it !!!

Back