Free Open Web Courses

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snerts50

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but thought i would share in a new thread so everyone could see.

A lot of universities have free open courses online.

MIT has a boat load of them, in all manner of subjects, including power systems.

Check out this site. I downloaded and am using some of the course notes as study guides.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-061-introduction-to-electric-power-systems-spring-2011/index.htm

If anyone has any other free courses like this, please let me know, I am always quite interested in these types of things.

Thanks

I have used the MIT Open Courseware engineering for my review - I think they are wonderful. Also, Stanford Engineering Everywhere has some as well. If you go thru iTunes U, you can find a lot of lectures to download for free, or go online directly to get the other course materials including lecture notes, homework, quizes, etc. MIT has some courses that do not have lectures, but have excellent lecture notes and tutorial problems with answers. One that I found valuable in studying for the Computer exam was 6.004 Computation Structures . I also really liked the lectures from 6.002 Circuits and Electronics, which has a dynamic professor, Dr. Anant Agarwal. Most EE's probably don't need this low a level of review, but it was great for me since I am more software oriented, and so easy to just download lectures to my iPad.

Back