Formulas: What Page in the FE Reference Handbook

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I just thought we can use this website to help each other (FE Exam Candidate) when we could not find a specific formula that might be in the in the Reference Handbook. In that case, we can memorize more formulas that were not in the book.

For instances, while I was studying ,I came across with a question that deals with "half-life".

On what page can we find th formula of half-life? It is actually at page 106, 2nd column, 8th Line from the top.

Another is Diffusion Coefficient Formula, which is on page 104, 1st column, 17th line from the bottom.

Now again, while I was studying, I came across with a question that deals with "Gibbs, Degrees of Freedom" and have been having a hard time to find the formula "F + P = C + 2" in the book.

Is this formula in the book? Can anyone help me please?

Thanks guys.

does the relation tangent(theta) = (Velocity subscript tangential) squared / radius somewhere in the book?
What are you going to find with this formula (units)? Squared tangential velocity divided by radius is actually just a normal acceleration (page 56, left column).

Back