For all you trebuchet lovers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Weed-Firing Catapult Discovered at U.S.-Mexico Border

There's not much to add to this AP story: "Pot-firing catapult found at Arizona-Mexico border". It's a catapult. It fires pot. National Guard troops spied on drug smugglers using it to shoot marijuana over the border, then seized it.
Here's a spy video of the pot being catapulted by smugglers, taken on Friday evening. And here's another picture of the weed catapult; this time it looks like the national guard troops are trying it out:

500x_catapult.jpg

500x_catapult2.jpg

In other news, Wile E. Coyote is apparently Mexico's newest drug lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw something in the news about that this morning, but they didn't have pictures... Nice piece of work, they're getting creative.

As for the acme sticker, the first round probably blew it off; it always seemed to peel off on Wile E...

I thought trebuchets had to be counterweighted?

They were just testing it with marijuana. If they got to the point where they could launch 200 lbs of pot at once, they would have started launching illegal immigrants over the border.

They were just testing it with marijuana. If they got to the point where they could launch 200 lbs of pot at once, they would have started launching illegal immigrants over the border.
for a fee of course.

I thought trebuchets had to be counterweighted?
They do and are. Catapults work on torsion or tension which is what this seems to be (are those bungee cords?).

And we thought rednecks had the corner on hillbilly engineering, looks like the Mexicans are shaping up nicely!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back