FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all the other new PEs! And thanks to engineerboards.com for helping us realize we aren't alone in this process. :thankyou:

I Passed PE Tranpo in FL. First time taker..... UET Zindabad!!!!!! :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

I Passed PE Tranpo in FL. First time taker..... UET Zindabad!!!!!! :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:
Congrats....Are you from UET lahore. Which session?. I am from UET Taxila, waiting for PE Mechanical

I ook Transpo in the afternoon too. How did u feel after the exam. it seemed quite manageable to me. Did u have the same feeling?
I thought the afternoon for Transportation was straight forward and easy. I think I answered 33 or more first try and got answers that I thought were correct. The morning I didn't feel as confident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats....Are you from UET lahore. Which session?. I am from UET Taxila, waiting for PE Mechanical
Yes, I am from UET 90 session Civil. Are you in FL. Good Luck for your result. Can exchange contact if u want.

When does Florida issue the PE numbers for new PEs?
Sounds like 8-10 weeks from the sounds of the note attached to the pass letter. I have seen the beginning of February on the certificates on the wall around here at work. Hope that helps. I guess they figure that we are used to waiting by now.

I got my FL results tonite.... Failed. This is my 2nd Failure... Anyone know what happens after the 3rd Faliure? Is it just that you would have to re-submit the original PE Application or would you also be made to take some educational courses? I want to plan my 3rd attempt accordingly.

As far as my knoeledge goes, if fail the third time you have to take 12 credit hours of engineering courses.

Did you guys notice we need to take "Florida Building Code Core Course" before we could sign plans for permitting? They will give us the PE certificate but we cannot sign plans till we take this class and show them the evidence.

Does anyone know who long it takes to transfer my alabama PE title to Florida?

Thanks!

Does anyone know who long it takes to transfer my alabama PE title to Florida?
Thanks!
As soon as you get your Alabama license start the process to apply for the one in Florida. It will take anything from 8 to 12 weeks...10 most likely.

Did you guys notice we need to take "Florida Building Code Core Course" before we could sign plans for permitting? They will give us the PE certificate but we cannot sign plans till we take this class and show them the evidence.

Any one?

As soon as you get your Alabama license start the process to apply for the one in Florida. It will take anything from 8 to 12 weeks...10 most likely.
I think they will ask for your certificates sent to them directly from your school too. For foreign graduate, they will require the course evaluation report sent to them.

Most states allow 3 attempts without additional justification. I took my PE 4 times before I passed. Don't give up. Check with your state and they will be able to tell you how to proceed. I'm glad that you are planning to go again. Good luck.
Congrats vane gator..

It's been awhile since we last spoke. It was just after the results of the April 08 PE. I think it was your second time with Structural 1 and you said that you were taking the Civil/Structural. Looks like it worked out for you. Congrats again. I took this time off for several reasons and have started studying again for the PE.

My question is how was the Civil/Structures compaired to the Structural 1? What did you study and how long did you study for.

I am not looking forward to this. It has been so nice to not even think about this for a few months...

you need to read the statutes, if you did, you would see that you dont need the course right away. there is a time limit, i think within 24 months of licensure...something like that. either way, you need to read and learn what is required of you now that you are licensed.

here is a link:

http://www.fbpe.org/lawsrules.asp

read all the requirements of PEs or you risk getting in serious trouble and possibly losing your license. you are a PE now, act like one!

not trying to be harsh here, but everyone is resonsible for themselves and should not rely on forums to make decisisons or find things out they should now know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back