Florida PE Numbers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted this on the FBPE "Customer Satisfaction Survey" section:
Its taking a really long time to get my License number. It took over 2 months to get the test graded by NCEES, which i understand is not your fault, but another month for the number is kinda long. Architects get their test graded and the number within 2-3 weeks. Its 2011 and I just feel there has to be a better way to do this.

AtlasDesign,

Do you get your raise once you have your licence number?
No, I'm actually the president of my firm, check me out www.AtlasIncOnline.com. But i can get rid of my qualifying engineers once I can license my own company, and I wont have to pay them 15%-20% of my design fee's just to sit around my office and review and sign and seal stuff. So, no i dont get a raise, but it will start to save me money from day one.

Awesome!! That will present a lot of savings for you! Congratulations.
Thanks a lot man.

Got my number too. :party-smiley-048: They must have uploaded at midnight or someone in the State is working on a Saturday. It says it is effective today, 1/29. I checked last night and nothing. This morning, for some reason, I decided to check and there it was. The board prints the certificates after the numbers are issued so I imagine it could take another 4 weeks before the paper shows up. I like the incremental unveiling of the license, each time something happens it gives me an excuse to get squeeze a free lunch or dinner out of someone. :D

Good Morning, Engineers!!!!

I checked the FL web site and I'm officially a PE!

I'm going to star using my PE-ness inmediatly!

Pac73 P.E.

I got my license number. Woooohooooooo!!! Feels like another celebration coming on!!

:party-smiley-048:

Received my wall certificate, wallet card, etc in the mail yesterday. So I've made it through the three stages of becoming an engineer.

1) The NCEES Pass Letter

2) The PE number created online

3) The actual certificate on the wall

Each stage requires someone taking you out for dinner. lol

Now that this is over, I have to figure out what new obsession will take the place of the last 6 months of torture and joy.

Awsome! I believe mine is in the Post Office. I had a package delivered and no one was home. So that confirms what is the package they are holding for me.

Agree, I need to come up with a new hobby!!

:party-smiley-048:

Received my wall certificate, wallet card, etc in the mail yesterday. So I've made it through the three stages of becoming an engineer.
1) The NCEES Pass Letter

2) The PE number created online

3) The actual certificate on the wall

Each stage requires someone taking you out for dinner. lol

Now that this is over, I have to figure out what new obsession will take the place of the last 6 months of torture and joy.

Back