Florida PE Numbers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t1manster

Reaction score
Has anyone received their PE number from the FL Board after passing the Oct. '10 exam?

Nope. I've also been checking the Florida Verify License website and all it says is "Eligible for Exam".

I want my number already!!! lol A much better wait than waiting for the results. I can tell you that much!!

Nope. I've also been checking the Florida Verify License website and all it says is "Eligible for Exam".
I want my number already!!! lol A much better wait than waiting for the results. I can tell you that much!!
Something , nothing yet . :bio:

A couple of people on this forum have said that the Florida license numbers take longer to receive than the results of the exam.

Hopefully they have a change of heart!!

My boss passed the Oct. '03 exam and received his # from the FL Board on Jan. 13, 2004. I guess the process is getting longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss passed the Oct. '03 exam and received his # from the FL Board on Jan. 13, 2004. I guess the process is getting longer.
I called there last Thursday to ask and they told me it would be by the end of the week (last week) and here we are another week later, and they still haven't posted.

Anyone else had any luck calling the Board? I'd like to start putting PE on my reports!!

I would call again, but i don't think its even worth it. If anyone else feels like calling, feel free to share the BS they tell you.

They said by the end of next week #'s will be available. Then the following week they can start printing certificates.

Good to know I'm not the only one wondering when they are going to issue my PE number.

I avoid calling the FBPE whenever possible. By the tone of the people I have spoken with at the FBPE, it sounds like a MISERABLE place to work.

After what we've been through with waiting on the exam results I am not holding my breath on the PE numbers. This can take a looooong time.

Once I knew the test result (and the good news!).

I could breath relieved and give the state some time (but don't take too long please!)

So I'm guessing Feb. - March.

I just posted this on the FBPE "Customer Satisfaction Survey" section:

Its taking a really long time to get my License number. It took over 2 months to get the test graded by NCEES, which i understand is not your fault, but another month for the number is kinda long. Architects get their test graded and the number within 2-3 weeks. Its 2011 and I just feel there has to be a better way to do this.

Its taking a really long time to get my License number. It took over 2 months to get the test graded by NCEES, which i understand is not your fault, but another month for the number is kinda long. Architects get their test graded and the number within 2-3 weeks. Its 2011 and I just feel there has to be a better way to do this.

AtlasDesign,

Do you get your raise once you have your licence number?

AtlasDesign,

No, I'm actually the president of my firm, check me out www.AtlasIncOnline.com. But i can get rid of my qualifying engineers once I can license my own company, and I wont have to pay them 15%-20% of my design fee's just to sit around my office and review and sign and seal stuff. So, no i dont get a raise, but it will start to save me money from day one.

AtlasDesign,

No, I'm actually the president of my firm, check me out www.AtlasIncOnline.com. But i can get rid of my qualifying engineers once I can license my own company, and I wont have to pay them 15%-20% of my design fee's just to sit around my office and review and sign and seal stuff. So, no i dont get a raise, but it will start to save me money from day one.

Awesome!! That will present a lot of savings for you! Congratulations.

Back