Flat Earthers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, they have a crazy explanation for day and night, too - the sun is really small and just a few hundred miles up (or something) and shines down like a spotlight, while it rotates around the disk to illuminate just one portion of the earth at a time.  

D7aOXVA.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no, they have a crazy explanation for day and night, too - the sun is really small and just a few hundred miles up (or something) and shines down like a spotlight, while it rotates around the disk to illuminate just one portion of the earth at a time.  

How do they account for an eclipse then? 

So do they believe if you go to the edge you can actually fall off?  Would one just fall into outer space?

I'm still having a hard time grasping that people actually believe this and it isn't an elaborate hoax perpetrated by trolls. 

So do they believe if you go to the edge you can actually fall off?  Would one just fall into outer space?

I'm still having a hard time grasping that people actually believe this and it isn't an elaborate hoax perpetrated by trolls. 
No, there is a giant ice wall at the edge that prevents you from falling over the edge.  I am not not sure where the section of the wall missing from a dragon blowing it up is though.

No, there is a giant ice wall at the edge that prevents you from falling over the edge.  I am not not sure where the section of the wall missing from a dragon blowing it up is though.
We won't have an answer to that until next year. 

so a GOT question - when the dragon smashed the wall does that make "end of watch" for all the men of the black? not sure if there is a dragon clause in there or not?

so a GOT question - when the dragon smashed the wall does that make "end of watch" for all the men of the black? not sure if there is a dragon clause in there or not?
A valid question indeed! Or do they really have their work cut out for them with now having to rebuild the wall?  :dunno:

Well, I give them one thing, the flat earthers are devoted to their cause.  These folks... I can't even with them.  Here's a recent  post I read:

31045535_442957252851616_5358473158578432097_n.jpg

"Billy Spears: Stop with the name calling people... the people who believe the earth is flat are not dumb and neither are those that believe it's a sphere. If you think it's a sphere then prove it... and not using things you have been told, do the research. The flat earthers bring up some very valid points that must be taken seriously. For example, if there are thousands of satellites orbiting the earth why do we never see them in the supposed pictures from space?... If gravity is holding us to the ground then why do people closer to the poles not weigh more than those at the equator? Angular momentum would be significantly less the closer you get to the poles but 'gravity' would always remain the same.... Why don't any flights fly directly over Antarctica?... Why do flights disappear from the tracking system in the Southern Hemisphere?... Why are NASA's pictures of the earth photoshopped?... Why do the clouds never move when there are videos of the earth spinning?... Why does the Horizon always rise to eye level?... How can you see Chicago's skyline from across Lake Michigan?... Why is the Horizon always flat?.... and these are just a few of the many valid questions that need answers."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back