Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate this time of year in the gym.. people just have no common courtesy whatsoever.....also sucks when the wife goes to the gym with me and prevents me from being a dick to the  rude people :(

I pulled down 80 pounds yesterday morning on the weight machine. If I can lose 96 pounds, I could do a pull up! 
p90x-chest-and-back-tony-horton.jpg

I caught an edge in some chop while skiing last Saturday, and went down, over-stretching my right shoulder, which I dislocated about 15 years ago while snowboarding. Luckily, my shoulder didn't re-dislocate, but I've been pretty sore since. I swam a mile yesterday, and may have overdone it, so I'll take it a little easier today, and cut back.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn a mile - that's serious! Did you do that in a lap pool?

The year before we moved I was at scout camp with the kid for the week and several of us adults did the mile swim with the kids- we did a training every day of the week to build up to it, but that was a long F'n morning the day of the swim, lots of side stroke...

My wife scheduled herself a meeting at a local crossfit place,  :facepalm:   I guess when you pay $200 / month that motivates one to go attend the sessions, but I told her if she starts getting all WOD and all the other bullshit that comes with crossfit I am leaving :D

Last edited by a moderator:
damn a mile - that's serious! Did you do that in a lap pool?

The year before we moved I was at scout camp with the kid for the week and several of us adults did the mile swim with the kids- we did a training every day of the week to build up to it, but that was a long F'n morning the day of the swim, lots of side stroke...

My wife scheduled herself a meeting at a local crossfit place,  :facepalm:   I guess when you pay $200 / month that motivates one to go attend the sessions, but I told her if she starts getting all WOD and all the other bullshit that comes with crossfit I am leaving :D
good luck!  i escaped the cult! i mean crossfit classes.

damn so $180 a month? is that a normal price to pay to join a cult? (wife's meeting with the burpee mafia people)

although our gym was so GD crowded this past weekend I think it would be worth the money!

When i went i paid 150 a month.  but since then the crossfit gym i used to go to raised rates to 180.   that seems to be the norm.

There are new mega gyms popping up here in that price range. They’re actually starting to steal from the country club crowd, as people are dropping their CC memberships for family gym plans. It’s nuts. 

I'm at the point where even calorie counting isn't enough.  Seriously, I have a cup of yogurt for breakfast, a PB&J for lunch, and a reasonable dinner and I'm either adding biological insulation to my mid-section or maintaining weight.  My body must know that 40 is just around the corner.

Back