FIFA World Cup 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Brazil has made it through. I was rooting for Mexico, and they just didn't have enough despite playing so hard and representing themselves pretty well. Brazil might go and add another trophy to their case...

What a heartbreaking loss in literally the last minute for Japan. I don't think they would have won in extra time, but I definitely thought it was going to that extra time! Anyway, it was a hard fought win by Belgium against a team that definitely was a much tougher opponent than I think anyone was expecting. And credit where credit's due, to the the Belgian coach for the two subs he made that directly affected the game by scoring goals 2 and 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
The boy who cried wolf!

I imagine it really does hurt to have your ankle stepped on by the cleats of your opponent, where it's basically unprotected. It's a shame, too, because he really is a very dynamic player who plays with a really fun, impressive style.

The semi's are set! I'm pulling for England now. Not sure who'll win between France and Belgium.

The semi's are set! I'm pulling for England now. Not sure who'll win between France and Belgium.
Quite a few people here are buzzing due to the prominent English heritage and number of immigrants from there. The England/Columbia game basically shut things down around here so people could watch (6am start, finishing up around 8:30am).

At this point, I think the expectation is for a Belgium/England final, with England making their ultimate disappointment of getting so close and losing (their words).

Quite a few people here are buzzing due to the prominent English heritage and number of immigrants from there. The England/Columbia game basically shut things down around here so people could watch (6am start, finishing up around 8:30am).

At this point, I think the expectation is for a Belgium/England final, with England making their ultimate disappointment of getting so close and losing (their words).
Do you think more people are betting on Belgium than France? I was thinking the pull was a little more in France's favor. Either way, I'm expecting some fireworks in that game, hopefully. I think England will probably cruise over Croatia, who I think will be very tired.

Hoping for a Belgium/Croatia final.  I am not a fan of England and France has already won the WC before.

Yeah, now I'm torn as to who to root for in this semi. While I think it would be fun to see a France - England final, it'd also be awesome to see Croatia make it to the final.

Yes, definitely rooting for Croatia to own Les Bleus! Because that would be awesome on many levels, least of which playing three games in extra time in the three preceding games!

is it me or was Croatia's goalie terrible?
To be fair, the first goal was a result of a set play awarded to a dive and the second goal was a penalty.  Mbappe's goal should've been stopped and the other was goalie error/arrogance.

Back