FERM 1st Edition versus 2nd Edition? Worth buying??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dksitecivil

I have the 1st edition of the FERM and really wondering.....

Is it worth upgrading to the 2nd ed. or is it just a waste of money? Is there any changes/revisions/upgrades that I should be aware of??

Does anyone have any good thoughts??

Thanks!

I have the 1st edition of the FERM and really wondering.....
Is it worth upgrading to the 2nd ed. or is it just a waste of money? Is there any changes/revisions/upgrades that I should be aware of??

Does anyone have any good thoughts??

Thanks!
Ok, this is kinda weird replying to my own post but.....Has anyone used the FE study guides by Chelapati? I've seen a few guys mention that the PE books and they said they are good, but how about their FE books?

Thanks

dksitecivil

I think the most important reference book is the NCEES equation book.

I used the old edition of Linderburg that didn't cover some of the new topics. However each those topics (like Bio) only amounted to something like 3% of the questions on the AM or PM section. How many hours do you want to invest in sections that cover so much material and have so few questions? If you know where the equations are that might be related, you're in just as good of shape as the guy who studied Bio for 30 hours but didn't study the exam questions.

Back