Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took civil - structural depth, I think xxxx, xxxxxx, and like two other words/conceptual problems were a little bit of a surprise to me in the AM. And I think I might have screwed up the PM big time... 
I definitely feel the same way about the afternoon test. It was just largely unlike anything I was expecting. It was just a blur, and most of the time I didn't know where to begin, so I just started trying stuff and seeing if I got a number close to any of the options. At least there were 8 or so look-up questions from what I remember. First time taker? I was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tool Civil- Transportation depth, morning session was more difficult compare to April exam. I even think some of the problems in the morning did not have the correct answers among the choices.   

Afternoon section was not bad, there were some tricky questions that you needed to pay attention to not fell into a trap. anyway I guess and I hope  to get 25-26 in the morning and 30-32 in the afternoon. Good luck everyone and wish everyone passes. 

I took the Civil - Transportation; First Time. 

I felt the exam was hard to be honest. I honestly don't know if I'll pass or not, but the depth was tricky and the morning difficult. 

:(

I'm going to be waiting for this results very anxious... :S 

I took Civil WRE and felt the morning session was very hard to gauge due to all the theory questions.  I think i did well on 20 problems and 50% sure on 10 questions and then 30% on the other ten problems.  Afternoon Water Resources I was doing well until I encountered the last 10 questions.  It felt like a furious calculator session in the afternoon session.  I was confident on about 25 problems and 70% on 10 questions and 30% on 5 other problems.  I guess my raw score could be anywhere from 52 to 65 which is pass or fail?  Not sure if its enough.  My previous raw score was only 41 (grade 61) so at least  I did much better. 
Curious to know how a grade 61 is obtained from a raw score of 41.

I tool Civil- Transportation depth, morning session was more difficult compare to April exam. I even think some of the problems in the morning did not have the correct answers among the choices.   

Afternoon section was not bad, there were some tricky questions that you needed to pay attention to not fell into a trap. anyway I guess and I hope  to get 25-26 in the morning and 30-32 in the afternoon. Good luck everyone and wish everyone passes. 

You think there were a lot of tricky questions in the afternoon for transportation? I thought 3-4 were very difficult and I just guessed them. How many did you guess outright in the afternoon transportation session?

Took the Civil - WRE test and I agree more theory questions on the AM this time (compared to April), although I didn't think it was necessarily harder.  However the afternoon seems to expect much more than the practice exams (from any author).  If I don't pass this time, I'll be looking for new study resources for in-depth saturation of all WRE topics!

You think there were a lot of tricky questions in the afternoon for transportation? I thought 3-4 were very difficult and I just guessed them. How many did you guess outright in the afternoon transportation session?
if I remember correctly I guessed 2 or 3 questions. XXXX question and XXXX question for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a first time taker: Civil-Transportation. I didn't study enough to deserve to pass. Wife, 3 boys, work, the usual sob story ;). My problem is I FEEL I did better during the AM than I expected to. PM I feel I got screwed with not enough question in some of the more difficult areas that I actually studied for, but didn't completely blow it either.  I did just barely okay enough that I feel I have a hail mary chance if I guessed good to pass. Kind of a bad feeling! If I see I "Failed", I won't be surprised, think I was close, and know I deserved to fail. If I "pass" I won't be shocked, and just really happy. 

If I assumed I got 80% right that I actually had an answer for I would be in the 58% range. With guessing good, I have a shot maybe....bleeeh, I would pay quite a bit to get early results!

I remember I took a milk crate full of reference books but only really needed a couple. Most of my stuff never left the crate. I wouldn't have done it differently though.

I took the original offering of the Civil - Construction exam back in 2008. The CERM hadn't even been updated to include a construction-specific section yet (next exam cycle), so I wanted to make sure I had as much reference material I could reasonably use. I also had the backup option of switching to Transportation depth if I found the Construction version too difficult or obscure. Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. 
default_tongue.png

2nd timer here, PE Environmental.  I was feeling ok each session until the last hour (when I had saved all the tough problems for last).  I'd be really shocked if I passed. Third times a charm, right?
No!  Well, hopefully you dont have to go for 3.  Hopefully neither of us do.  I'm afraid to feel too confident... I can't take the heart dropping crush of failure again.

Here is what is annoying me in my grieving process, whatever step I happen to be on. If I took the AM test my senior year in college I would have completely nailed it. I passed the FE with ZERO studying my senior year. And put the CERM in my hand with some other reference materials (AASHTO, HCM, MUTCD), I would bet money I would have breezed through the PE. I feel my 10+ years of work experience mean nothing in measuring if I'm a professional or not in my field. I would have done better at 23 straight out of school with a couple weekends of studying without a doubt.

No!  Well, hopefully you dont have to go for 3.  Hopefully neither of us do.  I'm afraid to feel too confident... I can't take the heart dropping crush of failure again.
I hope you got it this time too!  Yeah, it would be devastating to fail but it could be worse I guess...I just don't to do all that studying again, lol.

Here is what is annoying me in my grieving process, whatever step I happen to be on. If I took the AM test my senior year in college I would have completely nailed it. I passed the FE with ZERO studying my senior year. And put the CERM in my hand with some other reference materials (AASHTO, HCM, MUTCD), I would bet money I would have breezed through the PE. I feel my 10+ years of work experience mean nothing in measuring if I'm a professional or not in my field. I would have done better at 23 straight out of school with a couple weekends of studying without a doubt.
Man, I'm with you.  I would have been eligible to take this exam in my mid-20s since I had a master's, but I wanted to ~wait until I had the experience.~ Kicking myself for that now. I'm 33 and relearning all this has been tough!

Man, I'm with you.  I would have been eligible to take this exam in my mid-20s since I had a master's, but I wanted to ~wait until I had the experience.~ Kicking myself for that now. I'm 33 and relearning all this has been tough!
I'm 40... as of last Friday.  :) Engineering is my second career.

Back