Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's okay! It is what it is. I just wish I felt more confident that I passed, but I just don't. On the other hand, the first time I took the PE exam, I was pretty much 100% sure I had passed, and when I found out I didn't, I was full on crushed. That was the worst, so I think where I am now is probably better for my mental health!
Props for keeping at it, though.  Hope you passed.

Thanks! I hope you passed, too! I hope we all did!
56109266.jpg

It's so good to see other people surviving this absolute torture. I walked out not feeling confident after the afternoon construction exam laid me out and left me with a giant wtf feeling. At first I felt at peace with failure, I walked out, drove to the beach and drank all of the beer I could. Acceptance came too soon. The beer bubbles have since worn and I am left with the nagging feeling that there could be a small chance that I did enough right to slide by. And also a bigger chance that it will not be the case. Now acceptance is in no man's land. Obsessively reading about other people's experiences both past and present, thinking of as many of the questions as I can that maybe I got right or lucky guessed on. That small amount of hope is enough to ruin me for the next five to six weeks. Distraction is my only solace and unfortunately drinking on the job is apparently "frowned upon".... Good luck to us all and at the very least, no matter the outcome, we will have survived the waiting game.

It's so good to see other people surviving this absolute torture. I walked out not feeling confident after the afternoon construction exam laid me out and left me with a giant wtf feeling. At first I felt at peace with failure, I walked out, drove to the beach and drank all of the beer I could. Acceptance came too soon. The beer bubbles have since worn and I am left with the nagging feeling that there could be a small chance that I did enough right to slide by. And also a bigger chance that it will not be the case. Now acceptance is in no man's land. Obsessively reading about other people's experiences both past and present, thinking of as many of the questions as I can that maybe I got right or lucky guessed on. That small amount of hope is enough to ruin me for the next five to six weeks. Distraction is my only solace and unfortunately drinking on the job is apparently "frowned upon".... Good luck to us all and at the very least, no matter the outcome, we will have survived the waiting game.
I think that's why I'm here - I need talk about this! lol

@trackerjacker come join us on the Spam board to up that post count and get those desired editing abilities! It's also good for random fun and to help the time pass by.

I've been stuck in phase 3 for awhile now. I'm pretty sure results will be available either tomorrow or next Thursday based on my experience taking the test twice before. Fingers cross it will be my last. 

They phase description is pretty good. I'm impressed.

Oh my gosh, I was the last person to post in this last cycle. And the very next day, I found out I passed! So I feel pretty darned great all of the time now. Reading my prior posts here makes it true validation. I had to suffer that much to make it feel this great.

So for anyone who is still working on passing, you WILL get there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling pretty good about it.  I had about 5 in the AM and 6 in the PM that I had to come back to.  I think I was able to figure them all out except 1 or 2 in each session.  I'm sure I made some dumb units mistakes or something like that as well.  Left each session about 45 mins early.

So I guess I'll be the first to respond regarding the October 2017 test. I feel I did poorly.

I guessed on probably 1/3 of the questions, if not more. The Civil breadth for me was much more difficult than depth (Water & Enviro). For several questions I could not fully understand the illustrations provided, and thus couldn't complete the problem. I spoke with several others who felt the Civil Breadth was harder than they anticipated it would be (and some re-takers who said it was harder than their previous attempts), but maybe I just spoke with the roughly 30% who aren't going to pass. Some topics that I felt confident in (trusses and horizontal curves), I could not get the answers to.

I figure there's not much chance I will pass. Lets say worst case scenario I guessed on 40% of the problems, or 32 questions in total. That means I have to get all of the questions I actually got answers for correctly (unlikely), and also get at least 8 of the 32 guesses right to get into the 70% cutoff range (just using April's cut off for an example).

Oh well - it was definitely an experience I won't soon forget and at least I have a feel for what it will be like the next go round. The only thing I will be doing differently the next time is taking EET on demand for both breadth and depth. Just not sure about the timing of it all - do I want to jump right back in for the April test or wait until next October.

I consider myself a realist by nature (my wife say's I'm closer to a pessimist - she's right, as usual) so I've already prepared myself for a fail based upon the facts of the matter. If I get a pass come December, even better.

Back