Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the Electrical and Electronics PE Exam and I just keep going through all the questions I missed, questions that I could have gotten if I had just given it some more thought. I have no idea how I did. Now to wait for stress inducing 2 months to find out my score. I hope I passed.

I took the Environmental exam.  I ran out of time in the morning and had to guess on too many questions for my liking. The afternoon session was better but still ran out of time and had to guess. Honestly, I don't think that I passed.

I took the Environmental exam.  I ran out of time in the morning and had to guess on too many questions for my liking. The afternoon session was better but still ran out of time and had to guess. Honestly, I don't think that I passed.
I took environmental as well. The morning went pretty good. Got answers for all 50 questions. The afternoon was more difficult. Had to guess on 4 or 5 questions. I figure that I am right at the cut line. Hopefully on the pass side but I am mentally preparing for bad news. Did you take a review course ? I took School of PE and NC State.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I took environmental as well. The morning went pretty good. Got answers for all 50 questions. The afternoon was more difficult. Had to guess on 4 or 5 questions. I figure that I am right at the cut line. Hopefully on the pass side but I am mentally preparing for bad news. Did you take a review course ? I took School of PE and NC State.

I took the School of PE course too.  Even though I don't feel confident about my exam results, I know for sure I would have failed without the review course.  I've been out of school for 10 years.  I'm in remediation and honestly there's not a lot of design opportunities, at least at the company I'm with.  So I really needed something to help me dive deep into the material and that review course really helped.

Best of luck to you! I hope you passed!

Hope you passed as well !!! I've been out of school for 25 years. Spent most of my career in petroleum design/build which does not require PE design in PA. Now I am in Marcellus Shale wastewater recylcling and working for a PE, so this experience combined with some consulting work right out of college got me the experience needed to qualify for the exam.

I did about the same and passed.    I'm guessing you will too.  I was out 20 yrs. 

Hope you guys passed.  Funny, I found the morning more difficult.  I did the NC state online course and then mostly studied the EERM book.  Found the NC state problems in the notes pretty helpful and I had also indexed the NCEES practice exam by what each problem was solving for, and that got me a few answers.  I could find a few of the straight knowledge answers in all the books I brought.

Same here. You never know when they'll make an unprecedented early release of the results  ;)
Same. And that goes for checking and crazy town. I feel like I answered just enough with confidence to get really close and the last few will just come down to how well I guessed.

Ugh, I hate to admit this, but I have reached that point in waiting for answers where I have resigned myself to the potential that I have failed. Having gone through this twice before and failed both times, it's kind of pervading my head that it very well could have happened again.

I know better than to get my hopes up! But now I just have a feeling of dread. Blah!

Ugh, I hate to admit this, but I have reached that point in waiting for answers where I have resigned myself to the potential that I have failed. Having gone through this twice before and failed both times, it's kind of pervading my head that it very well could have happened again.

I know better than to get my hopes up! But now I just have a feeling of dread. Blah!
Sorry leggo, that sucks.  I'm trying to convince myself I failed because I will be so disappointed if I did actually fail but I'm not prepared for that outcome.  If that makes any sense. 

Sorry leggo, that sucks.  I'm trying to convince myself I failed because I will be so disappointed if I did actually fail but I'm not prepared for that outcome.  If that makes any sense. 
It's okay! It is what it is. I just wish I felt more confident that I passed, but I just don't. On the other hand, the first time I took the PE exam, I was pretty much 100% sure I had passed, and when I found out I didn't, I was full on crushed. That was the worst, so I think where I am now is probably better for my mental health!

They added 10 more questions to the morning section?? I thought it was 40 morning and 40 afternoon

It's okay! It is what it is. I just wish I felt more confident that I passed, but I just don't. On the other hand, the first time I took the PE exam, I was pretty much 100% sure I had passed, and when I found out I didn't, I was full on crushed. That was the worst, so I think where I am now is probably better for my mental health!
61ff429a5a30206a6cbc96370cdf46692b40530e163bea1105ecc534e5340be6.jpg

Back