Feel good about how you did on the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just signed up to say... I felt great about the morning, but the afternoon (mechanical fluids/thermal systems) was a bit rough. I was excited to have my cameron hydraulic data book though and pass or not I'll be holding onto it and recommending it in the future. There seemed to be a few I was sure I was doing correct but couldn't get an answer that made sense. Overall I really enjoyed the process, the test, AM specifically was actually fun. I train for physical races a lot and it felt really similar to standing at the start line of a race, and I knew when I opened the book I was prepared. I'll be a little surprised if I fail, but I'm also willing to accept that it's a real possibility.

omg I felt ok about the test.... had to guess on roughly 10 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon.... so I keep telling myself that feeling "good" and not "I'M FUCKED" means I have a good chance of having passed, right??!?!!

Just signed up to say... I felt great about the morning, but the afternoon (mechanical fluids/thermal systems) was a bit rough. I was excited to have my cameron hydraulic data book though and pass or not I'll be holding onto it and recommending it in the future. There seemed to be a few I was sure I was doing correct but couldn't get an answer that made sense. Overall I really enjoyed the process, the test, AM specifically was actually fun. I train for physical races a lot and it felt really similar to standing at the start line of a race, and I knew when I opened the book I was prepared. I'll be a little surprised if I fail, but I'm also willing to accept that it's a real possibility.

omg I felt ok about the test.... had to guess on roughly 10 in the morning and 10 in the afternoon.... so I keep telling myself that feeling "good" and not "I'M FUCKED" means I have a good chance of having passed, right??!?!!

I was at the same place six months ago. I was surprised how good I felt about my performance when I walked out. Was it really this easy? Should I feel confident? Is this all just some kind of horrible torture before I have to start studying again?

I passed first time and if you guys feel this good, I'm sure you passed as well. Try to forget about the exam for a while. The results are weeks away and it will be a pleasant surprise when they arrive.

I was at the same place six months ago. I was surprised how good I felt about my performance when I walked out. Was it really this easy? Should I feel confident? Is this all just some kind of horrible torture before I have to start studying again?

I passed first time and if you guys feel this good, I'm sure you passed as well. Try to forget about the exam for a while. The results are weeks away and it will be a pleasant surprise when they arrive.
I hope your wisdom is correct, sir

This. I felt very good leaving from the exam and then started getting anxious as the wait for results continued. Looking back I think I was just anxious to get my result since I knew I passed and wanted to stop worrying about the result. 

On November 3, 2015 at 6:48:43 PM, Monza said:

This. I felt very good leaving from the exam and then started getting anxious as the wait for results continued. Looking back I think I was just anxious to get my result since I knew I passed and wanted to stop worrying about the result. 
Exactly how I felt.

All things considered, I felt very good leaving the exam.  I didn't have to straight up guess on any of them.  There were about 7 or 8 that I had to take an educated guess on after narrowing the answers down to 2 choices.  Like everyone else, the longer I waited for my results, the more anxious I got.  I think I was just anxious to officially know that I passed.

Welcome to phase 1 of the post-exam emotional roller-coaster.

Phase 2 (second-guessing) will start to set in over the next few days. You will start to forget small (but important) pieces of the exam and forget how you answered the question, but will remember just enough so that you keep trying to re-calculate the answers in your head. You will slowly begin to convince yourself that you got it wrong.

I'm firmly still in phase 2 and worry that I missed the questions I think I got right.  I think it's time for another drink....a BIG one!  How much longer is the wait?

what kills you the most is knowing you knew the material and it comes back to you AFTER the exam. Sucks so much to be me right now

I feel like I went through Phase 1 in about 15 minutes, and then Phase 2 occupied the rest of my 2 hour drive home, and the rest of the evening. I've been fluctuating between Phases 3 and 4 since then, sometimes thinking "yeah, I think it went well enough, I probably got enough right" and other times "the cut score is going to be way too high, if I sign up for School of PE now I'll get a discount, where can I find some more more construction practice exams?"

I actually found myself sitting on the couch last night at 11:00 PM flipping through my MUTCD... this is going to be a brutal 8-10 weeks...

Now that's something I can definitely do.  New Orleans is only an hour away. :p
Nice!  We used to have a resident LA rep on the board here, but @Master slacker has been MIA for a good while.  Feel free to stick around though and fill the available position. :thumbs:  

Lots of good discussions in the the "Shoot the Breeze" forum.  

Back