FE reference manual for PE morning breath exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndg1978

Reaction score
I am taking the HVAC depth for PE. I am not good in MD and the problems in the practice book by Lindeburg seem to be complicated for the morning breath exam. Do you think studying and practicing problems from the FE reference manual should be a good idea?

Yes, That is a good idea. Infact, i practiced both FE reference manual and 1001 solved problems, which helped me a lot.

I would definitely say anything on the FE exam is fair game on the PE exam. I plan on bringing in the FE reference handbook when i sit for the PE exam.

Not sure I would waste the time bringing that reference.  Anything in it is well represented in the MERM.

There are quite a number of threads in the mechanical section dedicated solely to the T&F exam preparation.  Read through those and if you still have questions on how to prepare feel free to post them.

There are some nice HVAC pages in the reference manual, and some good economics formulas. Nothing that isn't already in the MERM though.

There are quite a number of threads in the mechanical section dedicated solely to the T&F exam preparation.  Read through those and if you still have questions on how to prepare feel free to post them.
Yes, and Ram ought to know, he wrote one of the best ones.  Look for it.

oh__stop_it__you__by_rober_raik-d4cwd9f.png

Here's a link to the thread Audi referenced.  It has my original prep advice with supplemental notes from TomMechanical and Audi on what worked for them:

To answer your original question, TomMechanical recommended School of PE for preparation for the morning section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back