Favorite School Lunch Items

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish sticks.
There was nothing better than ground up and batter fried fish parts.
So you're a gay fish? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Dang. Mom always packed lunches to save money, but I loved the occasional Stewart Hamburger, which you had to order at the beginning of the day. We had a canteen, not a cafeteria.

I had a Disney school bus lunchbox (most produced lunchbox ever), Space 1999, Land of the Lost, Evel Knieval, 'working man' (like the steelworkers used), and Tupperware lunchboxes.

The schoolbus lunchbox had a glass thermos, which, really, you shouldn't expect a six year old to keep intact.

In middle school my mom, 98% of the time, packed my lunch. Believe it or not, it contained a PB&J. I forget what the other stuff was, but we all got a 1/2 pint of milk in that awesome carton that had the flaps you pull apart yourself, but sometimes it wouldn't work.

In high school, since I went to a really small school, we had the option of local fast food places bringing us lunch for $5. These included McD's, Popeye's, and Domino's. I always got Domino's if mom let me. D's was only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. McD's was only Friday. Popeye's was Monday and Wednesday. That was so freakin' awesome.

In middle school my mom, 98% of the time, packed my lunch. Believe it or not, it contained a PB&J. I forget what the other stuff was, but we all got a 1/2 pint of milk in that awesome carton that had the flaps you pull apart yourself, but sometimes it wouldn't work.
In high school, since I went to a really small school, we had the option of local fast food places bringing us lunch for $5. These included McD's, Popeye's, and Domino's. I always got Domino's if mom let me. D's was only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. McD's was only Friday. Popeye's was Monday and Wednesday. That was so freakin' awesome.
we had fast food days too, about twice a month. I remember taco bell, mcdonalds, and pizza hut.

Rectangular pepperoni pizza. No doubt about it. For dessert, one of the lunch ladies used to make "reese's" cups. They tasted just like the real thing, but they weren't coated in chocolate like the real thing. They were amazing.
Amen to the fake pizza!

Middle school lunch for me, most days, was a giant chocolate chip cookie and a chocolate milk. I think it cost $1. In high school Domino's delivered everyday and we could get a slice of pizza for $1. I think for fifty cents more it got made into a meal and we got fruit and a milk. I ate so much pizza. Rarely past elementary school did I eat anything that resembled a school lunch. I'm impressed I didn't get scurvy.

Rectangular pizza all the way!

We also had these peanut butter and chocolate things, that were amazing.

Also Taco Boats! Anyone else have Taco Boats?

Back