Favorite Holiday Goodies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryannette

Wise One
Reaction score
Pecans roasted with butter and salt.

Pecans roasted with cinnamon-sugar.

Any kind of homemade candy, but the chocolate-covered ones with the centers made of crushed Oreos and cream cheese are excellent.

kolachkies (spelling varies, but that is how my grandmother spelled it on her recipe)

pizzelles

buttercookies

The 3 staple xmas cookies in my family. Polish, italian and just plain yummy.

My grandmother used to make awesome sausage cheese balls. Great sugar cookies, too.

I love the pizzelles, too. I have a pizzelle iron, but haven't made any in a LONG time.

this thread is making me want to start baking!

rum balls
Fixed.

In addition, some of my favorites are:

Ghirradelli peppermint bark (as previously mentioned)

Peppermint JoJo's from Trader Joe's (I have them sent to me from relatives in MN)

Gingerbread

Holiday flavored M&Ms (mint, and I just tried some that are cherry cordial flavored)

275453044v2_400x400_Front.jpg

MMMMM....

Snickerdoodles

Apple Cider Pound Cake (using HARD cider of course, with a shot or two for myself)

Mint M&M's

Yup! I always get a pakage of them in my stocking for Christmas. My dad loves them too.

The best candy I ever had was chocolate-covered cherries in dark chocolate from Fannie May in Chicago.

My wife makes irish car bomb cupcakes. The batter is made with Guiness, a chocolate filling with whiskey, and the icing with baileys.

Back