Favorite breakfast cereals

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
What cereals do you eat now vs what you ate as a child?

Now I shift back and forth between frosted shredded wheat and Kix.

As a kid I loved Kix, Corn Pops, and Trix... with the occassional rice or corn chex thrown in if they were on sale.

As a kid, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cap'n Crunch and Frosted Flakes.

These days, Rasin Bran, Corn Flakes, Kashi or Weetabix

I don't really deviate. The only downer is that some of the cereals I loved as a kid are no longer around, i.e Waffle Crisp.

Sugar Pops, Frosted Flakes, and predominantly Cheereios.

Now that I'm a grownup, I don't eat cereal. If I did, it'd probably be Frosted Flakes.

Then: Whichever cereal that had the better toy. Usually either frosted flakes or frosted mini wheats.

Now: Life. My 2 & 4yr old kids don't like anything other than life or frosted mini-wheats, so we end up going through about 3 boxes of life cereal per week (kiddos will eat it breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks if you let them).

When I ate Cheerios, I made sure there was a thick crust of sugar over the cereal.

Then: Fruit Loops, when I was allowed to have them. I used to pig out on it.

Now: Whatever Mrs. Buff has in the pantry.

I used to eat the hell out of some Honey Nut Cheerios. But always begged mom for Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Sugar Smacks (Dig'em), and Fruity Pebbles. She bought them for me on very few occasions.

I don't buy cereal any more, but if I'm around it (like when visiting my sister and her kids), I still like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios.

Then: Fruit Loops, when I was allowed to have them. I used to pig out on it.
Now: Whatever Mrs. Buff has in the pantry.
If I had to eat the hubby picked out, I wouldn't eat cereal. While I like raisins, he usually gets raisin bran or honey bunches of oats or other similar variety.

Then & Now: Life is a favorite. But now I tend to get what's good for you and on sale. Like when the GIANT double box of Honey Nut Cheerios was on sale for $3!! I ate those for a LOOOONG time.

Anyone remember the Freakies cereal? As kids, me, bro & sis loved that cereal primarily for the little Freakie characters (Boss Moss, Cowmumble, Hamhose, et al) that came w/ the cereal. Also loved the Frankenberry, Booberry, Count Chocula, and the lesser known (shorter lived) Fruit Brute.

Now, Post (gotta be Post) Raisin Bran is prob my fave

^ I know, its just Raisin Bran, right? Kelloggs gets plenty of love from mi familia though - I do try to buy MI product as much as possible

Anyone remember the Freakies cereal? As kids, me, bro & sis loved that cereal primarily for the little Freakie characters (Boss Moss, Cowmumble, Hamhose, et al) that came w/ the cereal. Also loved the Frankenberry, Booberry, Count Chocula, and the lesser known (shorter lived) Fruit Brute.
Freakies! That's it!

I couldn't remember the name of the cereal but I had our refrigerator decorated with a crap load of those little magnetic characters. My mother still had those damn things holding stuff to the fridge as late as 2000.

^See, this is what's funny about that cereal - I think it was kinda like apple jacks (couldn't say for sure), but yeah we had the little plastic figures, the fridge magnets. The cereal was kind of the smaller part of the Freakies packaging juggernaut! Totally 70's fer sure

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's stll 20-30 of those cheerios ring frisbees in my parents' attic. My sister and I were frisbee fools. It was amazing, in retrospect, how many places gave away frisbees for promotions in the 70s.

Back