Fat Tire

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Your recommendations are all IPAs so I would only recommend those if you like very hoppy beer (which I don't). My fav beer right now is Bridgeport Beertown Brown. Other good northwest beers on tap that I like are Deschutes Black Butte Porter and Widmer Hef. I pretty like much any wheat beer, as long as it has a lemon in it (no oranges - yuk!) I recently had a great seasonal wheat beer in Hawaii from Kona brewery. It was fantastic! Mac and Jacks is another good beer, but isn't available in a bottle.

I used to like Fat Tire, but I'm not a huge fan of it bottled. In fact, I try not to drink bottled beer if I can at all help it. It just doesn't taste as good bottled compared to when its on draft. Thank goodness I live in a region that has a great selection of draft beer. I love Oregon Brewfest, but I think I'll only go on either Thursday or Friday afternoon/evening. I went Thursday and Saturday last year and regretted going Saturday. It was way too crowded and the lines were horrific.

Alabama just passed the higher alcohol content bill, so rumor has it that New Belgium is coming to AL sometime soon. Fat Tire is great. Blue Canoe is very good as well.

Was it the Glacier Brewhouse? They rotate out various casks of beers.
yes. my favorite was the mooses tooth though. i got wasted there. they have a 5 taster thing for like $6. i said i wanted to try them all. i think they have like 25. i tried them all. then i had pints of my favorites. mmmmm! (i had just been at the zoo, and it was 9 degrees there. i live in texas and it was 73 when i left. not that i need an excuse, but there it is)

^Your recommendations are all IPAs so I would only recommend those if you like very hoppy beer (which I don't). My fav beer right now is Bridgeport Beertown Brown. Other good northwest beers on tap that I like are Deschutes Black Butte Porter and Widmer Hef. I pretty like much any wheat beer, as long as it has a lemon in it (no oranges - yuk!) I recently had a great seasonal wheat beer in Hawaii from Kona brewery. It was fantastic! Mac and Jacks is another good beer, but isn't available in a bottle.
I used to like Fat Tire, but I'm not a huge fan of it bottled. In fact, I try not to drink bottled beer if I can at all help it. It just doesn't taste as good bottled compared to when its on draft. Thank goodness I live in a region that has a great selection of draft beer. I love Oregon Brewfest, but I think I'll only go on either Thursday or Friday afternoon/evening. I went Thursday and Saturday last year and regretted going Saturday. It was way too crowded and the lines were horrific.
Hefs, seem too flat for me, and the dark beers are too heavy tasting to be good summer thirst quenchers.

I am not a huge bottled beer fan (or Fat Tire Fan), but try them poured into a glass -it dramatically increases the flavor and tastes completely different than sipping out of the bottle. My GF though she didn't like Fat Tire at all until I poured it into a glass for her.

I only go on Thursday/Friday as well to the Brewfest and on Friday after about 5 pm it is crazy busy. I hear this year they are adding additional space to the Brewfest.

Latest posts

Back