Fall 2012 Thermal Fluids Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I have been able to do all the problems with the MERM. So I'll be taking that along with steam tables and all of the problems I have worked to date. Missouri still allows you to bring in worked problems as long as they are in three ring binders.

mizzoueng,

You took the HVAC depth this past Oct 26th? What you said is right! The HVAC depth had a LOT of Thermal/Fluids problems as well in my opinion. I wish I would have studied Thermal/Fluids a little bit more.

Morning was harder than I thought but afternoon was not.

Copied appendix was very useful but you should pay attention the hole of paper not to tear it apart during the exam.

In my case, I used the copied appendix for two months and the hole was ground as I flipped.

My books:

MERM 11th

Copied MERM Appendix with binder

Steam table

Unit conversion

never used:

Gas table

SMS T/F

FE reference book

NCEES sample

Thanks bahowel for shipping the books to Japan..

The morning went awesome, I felt that I was able to answer most and only had to guess on a couple. But the T and F afternoon section was tougher for me. I ran out of time and had to make some quick decisions on the last 5 or so.

Overall it felt 1000% better than the first time around. I only studied maybe 50 hours the first time and had no business even being there. I wanted to get up and leave but was too stuborn. So after 300 hours and doing it properly this time around it felt awesome being more prepared. This board is so helpful with tips!

Hope the wait goes fast this time around! Best of luck everyone.

I took the TF exam in New York on October 26th. I brought the MERM, NCEES practice exam, and Cameron Hydraulic Data with me, a few hand written notes and that was it. Overall, I feel I did really well. However, this wait is killing me.

@bigwiggz, I took the T/F test this time. I took the Machine Design test in Oct 2010 and didn't pass. I looked at a bunch of HVAC questions as they sometimes show up, they are mostly in line with the T/F concepts.

The morning was mostly straight forward, bt the afternoon was a little more difficult. I chalked most of my difficulties up to over thinking the problems.

is it bad that i keep checking to see if the results have been posted yet?

i mean, my fingers ARE getting tired from being crossed for so long.

Passed T/F Oct 12. I took HVAC last April and it was mostly T/Fand I failed, so I changed to T/F for Oct 12, studied all three specialty topics and passed.

I failed my 2nd attempt and getting ready for the 3rd. Really worked hard. Prepared the following books.

Michael Lindberg practice problems

Test masters materials

NCEES Practice problems

NCEES SAMPLE TEST

6 minute solutions

Any other good books or sample question books that you all can suggest? Also which coaching is good? Took testmasters for my 1st attempt.

mizzoueng,

You took the HVAC depth this past Oct 26th? What you said is right! The HVAC depth had a LOT of Thermal/Fluids problems as well in my opinion. I wish I would have studied Thermal/Fluids a little bit more.
I changed from the HVAC in Apr 12 to the Thermal/Fluids in Oct 12 due to this. I also studied all three afternoon topics and glad of it as It help me to pass.

:pASSED2:

The straight way to pass: search this forum and do a lot of problem as mentioned everywhere.

Back