Failed sigh...help with materials topic 5, 7 and 10

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iheartyou

Reaction score
I did ok on most of the subject even better than average but this 3 subjects killed me

5 - Circuit Analysis: Devices & Power Electronic Circuits

7 Rotating Machines & Electromagnetic Devices:Electromagnetic Devices - 1 correct out of 6

10 Transmissions & Distribution: Protection - 3 correct out of 7

Any suggestion of materials to study and prep? Most of them are not calculation materials, more like theory etc.....

I did good in NEC, circuit analaysis, transmission - power system and system analysis, Rotating machine: rotating machine, general power

Some searching in this forum should lead you to a number of topics that have recommendations per the questions you asked.

I did ok on most of the subject even better than average but this 3 subjects killed me

5 - Circuit Analysis: Devices & Power Electronic Circuits

7 Rotating Machines & Electromagnetic Devices:Electromagnetic Devices - 1 correct out of 6

10 Transmissions & Distribution: Protection - 3 correct out of 7

Any suggestion of materials to study and prep? Most of them are not calculation materials, more like theory etc.....

I did good in NEC, circuit analaysis, transmission - power system and system analysis, Rotating machine: rotating machine, general power
I would recommed the complete Complex Imaginary set as it conatains a number of rotating equipment problems aling with some good protection problems as well. I found it quite useful as a reference during the exam.

I would recommend taking a PE review course. Those subjects are covered in good detail and after that just do as many problems as you can fit in. I did the PPI class with lecture and I passed. I absolutely believe I wouldn't have if I didn't take that class. Even the class notes you get from the class made a big difference. I used them as much as any of my other material I brought on exam day. It isn't a cheap class but worth every penny when you see the word "pass" on PCS. Plus you can probably get your work to pay for it. I just had to cover the cost until I could show I passed.

Back