Failed electrical/computer FE for 2nd Time suggestions?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all,to those who are currently reviewing and will be taking the exam.Just stay focus,have a good sleep before the exam and relax during the exam.

Hi blueknight802,

can you share with us, as what resources did you make use of, for practicing problems?

Hi blueknight802,

can you share with us, as what resources did you make use of, for practicing problems?
Hi energyengg

I started reviewing October last year and finished learning the concepts last April.I did practice problems until a day before I take the exam.Here are my resources.

1.  FE Electrical & Computer by Michael         Lindeburg.                                               2. 1001 Solved Problems by Michael             Lindeburg                                                 3.   FE Study Guide by Wasim Asghar     4.   Schaums Electric Circuits                   5.   University Lectures that I got from           Google.                                                     6.   NCEES FE Electrical Practice Exam   7.   NCEES FE Other Discipline Practice         Exam                                                       8.   FE Prep Electrical and Computer               Problem Solving Workshop                   9.   FE Prep 110 Practice Exam                10. FE Prep Quizz Bank                           11. Youtube Videos Raiya Energy           12. Youtube Videos KatKim Show           13. Youtube Videos DailyExam Frep      14. Casio FX 115 Es Calculator                         Techniques.                                            15. NCEES Video Tutorials                                (exam day experience)

I hope these helps.Just message here if you have some questions.Good luck to you and to all here who will be taking the exam.God bless.

-Blueknight802

Hi energyengg

I started reviewing October last year and finished learning the concepts last April.I did practice problems until a day before I take the exam.Here are my resources.

FE Electrical & Computer by Michael  Lindeburg

1001 Solved Problems by Michael              Lindeburg                                                

FE Study Guide by Wasim Asghar    

Schaums Electric Circuits                

University Lectures that I got from Google.             NCEES FE Electrical Practice Exam 

FE Prep Electrical and Computer  Problem Solving Workshop                  

FE Prep 110 Practice Exam            

FE Prep Quizz Bank                          

Youtube Videos Raiya Energy          

Youtube Videos KatKim Show          

Youtube Videos DailyExam Frep    

Casio FX 115 Techniques

I hope these helps.Just message here if you have some questions.Good luck to you and to all here who will be taking the exam.God bless.

-Blueknight802

Gratz, blueknight.

I personally found the quiz bank on feprep.com to be very helpful. I bought all my study material from feprep.com and bought an assessment and practice test from the NCEES website. For me, it was "work problems, work problems, work problems." I also got very proficient with the approved calculator and got extremely familiar with the reference manual. I hardly read or studied anything. I also found the flash cards helpful for memorizing identities and equations that I would have had to look for in the reference manual. Honestly, I hardly had to use the reference manual during the test. 

Gratz, blueknight.

I personally found the quiz bank on feprep.com to be very helpful. I bought all my study material from feprep.com and bought an assessment and practice test from the NCEES website. For me, it was "work problems, work problems, work problems." I also got very proficient with the approved calculator and got extremely familiar with the reference manual. I hardly read or studied anything. I also found the flash cards helpful for memorizing identities and equations that I would have had to look for in the reference manual. Honestly, I hardly had to use the reference manual during the test. 
Thanks BigWheel

Congratulations!                         

Gratz, blueknight.

Hey everyone, I just passed my FE exam that I took in July. I failed twice in the past, felt down couple of times too.

1st attempt: I used feprep questions and Kaplan book. I studied all subjects using those materials about 3 months, I did not managed my times very well and failed.

2nd attempt: I decided to take the PPI course, I did feprep questions, I studied about 3 more months and still failed.  I took the exam one month right after the course ended. 

3rd attempt: I did the following:

1. KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR CALCULATOR : I used casio FS115-es, I finally learned how to do "polar to rectangular" and vice-versa. It saved me mainly in circuit analysis. 

2. feprep- I worked on math section for about 1 month. Then I worked on each subject according to NCEES specification again using only NCEES booklet and casio calculator, I ignored Prob. and Stat., Comp. Syst. and Comp. Net. because I know I would have hard times trying to figure out how to solve those problems. 

3.  "Study Guide for FE Electrical and Computer CBT exam" by Wasim Asghar : I bought it because I need more problems to work on. This book helped me where to find the formula on the NCEES Booklet. I used this book side-by-side with feprep problems. The subjects that I learned better in this book than feprep are Electronics, Control System, Communications and Linear Systems. This book does not include Math., Prob. and Stat., Ethics, and Eng. Econ. . 

4. Youtube Videos Raiya Energy: The videos are helpful, I wrote down the problems and worked on it many times so I can remember the steps.

5. NCEES Practice Exam: I worked on it 5 days before the exam day so I can be in test mode.

I spent about 5 more months to work on problems after my 2nd attempt and passed. What I did different than the first two attempts was I learned how to use "complex mode"  calculator and worked on the problems over and over again. For those you have failed many times before, don't give up. 

Back