Exam prep - question help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwire

Reaction score
So, I was studying the exam with PE book by Alex Graffeo and PPI Exam and read a little Wildi book when I have some time for a month or two. I figured the best way for me to learn the subject is to work on the problems.

I have CI, Spin up, NCESS and Alex Gr questions available to me to work. I started to work on the CI questions, I felt that every other questions or more, I need to referred to the answers how to solved the problem. I still have no confident or clue?? I think. It's like when I look at a question, a well-prepared person would know how to solved it without looking for formula or whatever right??

I felt that I need to go over everything again or just work on the problems and learn from that even I have to look at the answers every time initially?

You just need to go through the problems...learn how to do them...use the answers given to learn the concepts..then after going through all the exams...go through them like 5 times and you should then be able to answer them easily....but the exams alone, in my opinion arent enough...you will need more motor practice, power flow practice, relay practce ( coordination etc.) and symmetrical components...best places I have seen for this is GaTech Review...PPI doesnt even come close to touching it as I used both.

PPI has some good exampples on protection....if i remember right, a good coordination problem...Gatech also has great protection examples....special aps...especially lighting..read the eprm/ppi section on it...and look for multiple examples on light intensity on surfaces....this is what lumination is

Back