EPRM Reference manual PPI - really must have?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwire

Reaction score
Is this book a must? I already have

1) The Grainger book

2) Wildi Book

3) Spinup, CI and NCEES Sample questions book

4) NEC Handbook

5) A couple of printout and economic tables etc

I hate to spend another $200 for some book I already have

Personally speaking, I feel this is a must have book in terms of how comprehansive it is. however I feel Rotating machines were not explained very well or maybe it is just me who find it difficult to grasp. Wildi, can make the difference on these subjects. I tabbed it interms of motor typs/ generator types and transformers and I am intending to use EPRM as my primary ref then Wildi as seconadary.

After all, this is only my opinion, I am attempting for the first time the PE exam, my reference looks like yours and i got the same sample exams in additon to the PPI exam.

Allthe best for both of us.

I would also suggest Protective Relaying by Blackburn and watch the yard sale below...there are lots of used books floating around, there is no need for brand new books when you have resources like this site. I bought a lot of my books off of Abe's books online, maybe not the latest edition, but hey it's not a brand new science, get an older edition for $10 or spend $200 on the latest...

thanks all the advice. Yes I did not purchase all the books i have full price. I bought international or used copy..Alibris is a good source

iwire, make sure you have something that covers lighting, relaying, and lightning/surge protection. Although lighting is not a dominant topic typically, they're easy questions if you have the correct formula/theory down. And I found lightning/surge protection wasn't thoroughly covered in any oft he books you mentioned (can't speak for Wildi), so look for some extra material on that topic as well.

Back