Engineering Dictionary

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abourne

Reaction score
I would like to bring an Engineering Dictionary into the exam.

It might help me in understanding key words in a problem or with non-analytical questions.

Using Google brings up incomplete results for a large physical book like this as everything is online.

A colleague has mine has an old Technical Dictionary he may bring in Monday which might be sufficient.

What's a complete Engineering Dictionary?

- Title

- Publisher

- Author

- ISDN number

-etc.

I would like to bring an Engineering Dictionary into the exam.
It might help me in understanding key words in a problem or with non-analytical questions.

Using Google brings up incomplete results for a large physical book like this as everything is online.

A colleague has mine has an old Technical Dictionary he may bring in Monday which might be sufficient.

What's a complete Engineering Dictionary?

- Title

- Publisher

- Author

- ISDN number

-etc.
-Title: Dictionary of Engineering

-Publisher: McGraw-Hill

ISBN: 0-07-141050-3

I found this book on Amazon

Thank you. Went ahead and ordered one. I'm probably going to bring in a Websters as well. Even if I don't use them, I feel it might come in handy if I need to lookup a key word that might appear to be ambiguous to me.

-Title: Dictionary of Engineering-Publisher: McGraw-Hill

ISBN: 0-07-141050-3

I found this book on Amazon
This is the one I have.

notice that I said this is the one I "have" not the one that I "used on the exam" or the one that I "use for anything".

I bought it. Opened it once or twice just for fun (maybe to be sure that there are words inside)... never was useful for anything. While studying, never had a use for it. During the exam, it just took up space and was extra weight for me to lug around. Personally, this makes the bottom of the list in terms of important references for the exam, may as well be a copy of Moby Dick.

But thats just me, ymmv... and I like to complain so...[/rant]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Went ahead and ordered one. I'm probably going to bring in a Websters as well. Even if I don't use them, I feel it might come in handy if I need to lookup a key word that might appear to be ambiguous to me.
two is overkill. I would take one even though youll probably not open it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back